Post a reply

Coral Scottish Open Last 128 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 12th ~ Sunday 18th of December at the Emirates Arena, Glasgow

The Scottish Open was first played for in 1998 and won by Ronnie O;Sullivan beating John Higgins 9-5 in the final and it was played for a further 5 years until 2003, previous winners were Ronnie O'Sullivan (1998 and 2000), Peter Ebdon (2001), Stephen Lee (2002), David Gray (2003) and Stephen Hendry (1999) beating fellow Scot Graeme Dott 9-1 in the final.

The Scottish Open also signaled the Birth of a Modern Snooker Great Mark Selby who as a 19 year old reached his first ever final in the 2003 championship losing 9-7 to David Gray. The Following year in 2004 it was still played in Scotland but renamed the Players Championship and it was to be the last time Paul Hunter played in a final losing 9-7 to Jimmy White.

After a brief return as a PTC in 2012 its back as part of the Home Nations Series and is played for the Stephen Hendry Trophy.

Mark Selby and Ding Junhui are the only top players not to enter so there are quality everywhere you look with Ronnie O'Sullivan and Scottish players John Higgins, Stephen Maguire, Anthony McGill, Greame Dott, and Alan McManus heading the field.

Who will reach the last 64 and keep their sight on the Stephen Hendry Trophy?

DRAW

Selected Last 128 Matches

Stuart Bingham v Mark Joyce
Kurt Dunham v Mark King
Ian Burns v Martin Gould
Dechawat Poomjaeng v Sydney Wilson
Liang Wenbo v Darryl Hill
Ken Doherty v Matthew Stevens
Neil Robertson v Thor Chuan Leong
Marco Fu v Sanderson Lam
Liam Highfield v Tom Ford
Cao Yupeng v Michael White
Zhou Yuelong v Stephen Maguire
Mark J Williams v Rod Lawler
Shaun Murphy v Zhao Xintong
Judd Trump v Zhang Yong
Jimmy Robertson v Igor Figueiredo
Yan Bingtao v Aditya Mehta
Kyren Wilson v Jamie Jones
Oliver Lines v Chen Zhe
Nigel Bond v Chris Wakelin
Allister Carter v Thepchaiya Un-Nooh
Robert Milkins v David Gilbert
Jack Lisowski v Hossein Vafaei Ayouri
Joe Perry v Adam Duffy
Mark Allen v Christopher Keogan
James Wattana v Li Hang
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Matthew Selt
Jimmy White v David John
Luca Brecel v Duane Jones
Ricky Walden v Tian Pengfei
Jamie Cope v Peter Ebdon
Itaro Santos v Scott Donaldson
John Higgins v Alan McManus

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral Scottish Open Last 128 !!!!

Postby Andre147

A shame these two famous Scots, Higgins and McManus have to play each other in the opening round, meaning one of them will exit his home tournament so early.

I wouldn't bet against Angles McManus beating Higgins yet again, he seems to have got the better of him in recent meetings.

Postby SnookerEd25

Burst into tears, tell her you're very vulnerable right now; wangle a trip to the Snooker. Simples.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I'm in Edinburgh this weekend for a romantic break with the Latvian, going up on the Caledonian sleeper from Euston.. this is a dilemma. Shall I go to the final?? How will I break it to her?

Be a man. Put your foot down. Tell her this matter is not up for debate. <ok>

Postby PoolBoy

Dan-cat wrote:I'm in Edinburgh this weekend for a romantic break with the Latvian, going up on the Caledonian sleeper from Euston.. this is a dilemma. Shall I go to the final?? How will I break it to her?

If she's from Latvia, she'll feel quite at home in Scotland - it's always Baltic! :-D

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:A shame these two famous Scots, Higgins and McManus have to play each other in the opening round, meaning one of them will exit his home tournament so early.

I wouldn't bet against Angles McManus beating Higgins yet again, he seems to have got the better of him in recent meetings.

McManus form has taken a dramatic nose dive this season after a fantastic campaign at the Crucible in April hes won only 3 matches since august compare that to Higgins winning 33 matches in the same period.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:

Be a man. Put your foot down. Tell her this matter is not up for debate. <ok>

i guess thats your problem when it comes to women lol

Postby Pink Ball

Tell her you've a pretty serious if not life-threatening illness: I find mild depression works very well, but be creative by all means.

If she's a decent woman she'll leave you call a few shots and won't deny you a day at the snooker. If she isn't happy, then she's not the kind of person you'd want to spend too much time with anyway.

Postby hendry_fan

Andre147 wrote:A shame these two famous Scots, Higgins and McManus have to play each other in the opening round, meaning one of them will exit his home tournament so early.

I canny believe that theres a ranking tourney bein played in Scotland,whats the snooker world come to. :shock: :-D

Aye,ironic that McTattie and Haggis have to play each other in the first round of THE SCOTTISH OPEN though!. >-(

I also just saw that Clark has to play Sharav also in the first round.

A young Scot by the name of Ross Vallance is up against Woollasten,he,s a wildcard.

And Ants is up against a youngish Englishman,John Astley,which also takes place tmorrow (evening).

+Donaldson is playin against the Brazilian Santos also tmorrow,(evening).

Jeez!,so many Scots around,it feels like its christmas already. :tree: <laugh>

Postby PLtheRef

Wildey wrote:

McManus form has taken a dramatic nose dive this season after a fantastic campaign at the Crucible in April hes won only 3 matches since august compare that to Higgins winning 33 matches in the same period.

That's a surprising stat when you consider what a great run it was by McManus to reach the Semi-Finals at the Crucible. That said, the match is still over best of 7 frames.

It does seem rather early for them to meet but I'm sure that the Home Nations events are only seeding 16 players meaning 112 to be randomly drawn

Postby TheSaviour

These early rounds are only for the extreme nutters. <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> As always. Scores of players trying to prove something which quite obviously even isn´t the truth. It´s about some players drewing the first blood in but there always will be some quite heavy updates on the latter stages. That´s what tactics is all about, being dubbed as a tactician. Whether that´s just about solid home heating outside the snooker. I don´t really care. Ideas or innovations might be good, a really good, but it is all about just proving a point of how it is allright to all the people. Many things actually are just how you think that those things are. Some nobodys trying to downplay the profession. Of being a snooker player and what it includes. Namely, go back there where you once were <doh> <doh> <doh> <doh> . Even when the instinct of better players have basically always been correct in a many ways. And the results also. It would a much wiser just to get on with it, how individuals make their personals decisions.

What I really like is these lot´s of different options. For example, when the going gets really tough, when the weather is poor enough some nutters are not capable to think it in a way they usually think. Or fancying it quite like that anymore. It is more like being a fair-weather friends. That´s why I always support these different situations where a major upsets are very possible. Even if it seems being a blatantly mad.

So.... My point were.. : Interesting to see if Jimmy White can continue his hot streak AND his a very promising form. FLAIR. And he still looks a very nice and good indeed. He has a very potential big stumbling block immediately. Jimmy´s form and that final clearance against Jo Perry a few days ago were already a scary good.

Postby SnookerEd25

TheSaviour wrote:These early rounds are only for the extreme nutters. As always. Scores of players trying to prove something which quite obviously even isn´t the truth. It´s about some players drewing the first blood in but there always will be some quite heavy updates on the latter stages. That´s what tactics is all about, being dubbed as a tactician. Whether that´s just about solid home heating outside the snooker. I don´t really care. Ideas or innovations might be good, a really good, but it is all about just proving a point of how it is allright to all the people. Many things actually are just how you think that those things are. Some nobodys trying to downplay the profession. Of being a snooker player and what it includes. Namely, go back there where you once were. Even when the instinct of better players have basically always been correct in a many ways. And the results also. It would a much wiser just to get on with it, how individuals make their personals decisions.

Que? :? :? :?

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:Jimmy might win a match or two. But it's not like he'll get to the business end.

yea hes won 2 matches last week and its a hot streak lol

more like a slightly off warm streak

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Jimmy might win a match or two. But it's not like he'll get to the business end.

yea hes won 2 matches last week and its a hot streak lol

more like a slightly off warm streak

When Ronnie wins two matches in a row, everybody says it's proof that he's a has-been. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Not sure how much of it I'll actually see. This close to Christmas, my loved ones seem to be under the impression I'd rather see them than watch snooker. :grrr:

Postby SnookerEd25

Results :

Marco Fu 4-1 Sanderson Lam
Li Hang 4-1 James Wattana
Daniel Wells 4-0 Jamie Curtis-Barrett
Kurt Maflin 4-1 Sam Craigie
Oliver Lines 4-2 Chen Zhe
Rhys Clark 4-3 Eden Sharav
Alex Borg 4-2 Daniel Womersley
Yu de Lu 4-3 Josh Boileau
Last edited by SnookerEd25 on 12 Dec 2016, edited 3 times in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Judging by the photo Dave Hendon just tweeted, there aren't many fans there.

Probably do better than the English Open though, that couldn't sell out the opening session of the final. <doh>