Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Last 128 !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

OoNebsoO wrote:I wish commentators would just be less annoyed/offended/excited about kicks. They happen to everyone, get over it.

Is Shaun Murphy commentating?

Postby OoNebsoO

SnookerFan wrote:
OoNebsoO wrote:I wish commentators would just be less annoyed/offended/excited about kicks. They happen to everyone, get over it.

Is Shaun Murphy commentating?

:-D

But it was Mike Hallett.

Postby SnookerEd25

Trying to watch on Betfair, but at work where the WiFi is poor (and I should be working anyway!);

John Higgins bt. Alan McManus 4-1 & Matthew Stevens whitewashed Ken Doherty, 2 matches I did manage glimpses of

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:Trying to watch on Betfair, but at work where the WiFi is poor (and I should be working anyway!);

John Higgins bt. Alan McManus 4-1 & Matthew Stevens whitewashed Ken Doherty, 2 matches I did manage glimpses of

rofl rofl rofl

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:Who is watching anyway? How are matches going?

Joyce 2-1 up on Bingo with a chance to go 3-1, Bingham made a nice break to go 1-1 but doesn't seem to be firing really, long pots generally not getting close.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Who is watching anyway? How are matches going?

Joyce 2-1 up on Bingo with a chance to go 3-1, Bingham made a nice break to go 1-1 but doesn't seem to be firing really, long pots generally not getting close.

Has Bingham weighed in on the issue of whether Mark Joyce's mum loves him yet?

Postby Cloud Strife

PoolBoy wrote:Luca Brecel!
Typical of him....SO inconsistent!

Luca Brecel 2-4 Duane Jones

Actually, he's been quite consistent recently...consistently rubbish that is.

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

World Snooker ‏@WorldSnooker1
#SambaSnooker in Glasgow as Brazil's Igor Figueiredo beats Jimmy Robertson 4-3. He faces either @judd147t or Zhang Yong next.

Postby Johnny Bravo

IMO it tends to happen less often to the players that have a better/smoother cue action.

Postby Andre147

Johnny Bravo wrote:

IMO it tends to happen less often to the players that have a better/smoother cue action.

I wish commentators and Murphy realised kicks happen most of times due to bad cueing, that's why Ronnie you rarely see him get one, and even when he does he just gets on with it.

Yes it can happen due to other circumstances, but the most common is poor cueing.

Postby davisfan

Kicks are down to static electricity. Nothing to do with cue action. Will always happen in a game played on woollen cloth with people strolling around on carpet, knocking balls together. (As it were). Why the ref thinks rubbing balls with his gloves will help is a mystery to me.

OH MATRON

Postby davisfan

Also, best of 7 is silly. Makes a lottery of it. Might as well bung a dart at the ranking list blindfold to pick a winner.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

I wish commentators and Murphy realised kicks happen most of times due to bad cueing, that's why Ronnie you rarely see him get one, and even when he does he just gets on with it.

Yes it can happen due to other circumstances, but the most common is poor cueing.

It's one of the things I really admire about ROS. You see players like Mark Allen throwing their hands and arms around at both kicks and non-kicks, making a massive fuss out of it.

Postby SnookerFan

davisfan wrote:Also, best of 7 is silly. Makes a lottery of it. Might as well bung a dart at the ranking list blindfold to pick a winner.

Still a better ranking event than the shootout.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Beeb is running a sports report on the enormous decline of snooker in Scotland. Quite surprising statistics really. Didn't realise grassroots snooker was so grim right now.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Beeb is running a sports report on the enormous decline of snooker in Scotland. Quite surprising statistics really. Didn't realise grassroots snooker was so grim right now.

The timing must be a coincidence. No way did they know there was a Scottish ranker on.

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Beeb is running a sports report on the enormous decline of snooker in Scotland. Quite surprising statistics really. Didn't realise grassroots snooker was so grim right now.

The timing must be a coincidence. No way did they know there was a Scottish ranker on.

Quite right <laugh>

Hopefully this will inspire more young kids take up Snooker in Scotland, but as we know sometimes it's not as simple as that because it's still an expensive sport.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:

been saying that for years as you say Ronnie hardly gets kicks im guessing but he does play on woollen cloth with people strolling around on carpet like everyone else