Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Last 128 !!!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:What did he do?

playing for snookers get a snooker and concede before Ronnie plays his shot lol

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:You have the feeling John Higgins just doesn't fit there. As a pundit. Don't know if it's the scottish accent but he's looking too shy and like he feels unfomfortable out there.

He looks shifty af.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:You have the feeling John Higgins just doesn't fit there. As a pundit. Don't know if it's the scottish accent but he's looking too shy and like he feels unfomfortable out there.

Precisely what I was thinking!

This time it was Ronnie who thought he played well but Foulds said he thought Ron didn't play all that well <laugh>

Ronnie is right though, there's also pressure on the top players in these 1st round matches.

Postby Wildey

yea hes not up to media work at all

Postby Andre147

Murphy having an opinion on his current form and the current standards.. surprised he didn't say he lost his recent matches due to kicks.

Postby Andre147

This lad, Xintong, plus Bingtao and Yuelong are probably the 3 best promissing talents from China but they have to fulfill it.

Who remembers Lu Ning? Beat Murphy in China playing superb. Never heard of him since.

Postby eraserhead

Can't see Higgins or Williams doing punditry after they retire.

Ronnie could play Cahill again next.

Postby SnookerFan

Is Higgins doing analysis? I remember him doing that for a day or so at one of the ITV tournament. Standing in for Angles.

Some people it just suits better than others, I guess.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:

Precisely what I was thinking!

This time it was Ronnie who thought he played well but Foulds said he thought Ron didn't play all that well <laugh>

Ronnie is right though, there's also pressure on the top players in these 1st round matches.

I think many journeymen play a lot better nowadays against Ronnie than they did in the past. They are all confident now. They are all capable to make 40's, 50's, 60's so you can't treat these matches like practice sessions. They are all capable of punishing you. May it be Holt, Gilbert, Wakelin.
Fear turned into motivation you could say.

I think, Ronnie handled it well in the end against a Selt who looked to be in good form.

Postby Iranu

PoolBoy wrote:Another impressive result for Hossein Vafaei Ayouri, beating Jack Lisowski 4-1.
Lisowski just hasn't kicked-on at all!

I get the impression that Lisowski has a terrible work ethic, but maybe that's harsh.

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:Another impressive result for Hossein Vafaei Ayouri, beating Jack Lisowski 4-1.

I first saw Jack Lisowski play John Higgins in the Newport Centre in 2011. He showed promise, but obviously a lack of confidence affected him and he was very nervous against a player like Higgins. He lost 4-3, and I was hoping he'd get better with experience.

It's nearly six years later, and it doesn't seem to have happened.

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:This lad, Xintong, plus Bingtao and Yuelong are probably the 3 best promissing talents from China but they have to fulfill it.

Who remembers Lu Ning? Beat Murphy in China playing superb. Never heard of him since.

He's on a lamp-post on the corner of the street.

One for all you George Formby fans out there.

:weeds: :weeds: :weeds:

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:

I get the impression that Lisowski has a terrible work ethic, but maybe that's harsh.

Don't think, he'll ever make it but looking at how Hawkins and Bingham turned their careers around in their mid 30's, he still has a chance.

But I mean, the guy is not even reaching last 16's , quarters or like that which a Brecel at least does at times.

Postby Andre147

damonkillian wrote:Seriously i've never seen such poor player : David John. He was able to lose 0-4 against Jimmy White. :john:

I could lose 4-0 to Jimmy White, so I'm a poorer player than David John :shrug:

Postby damonkillian

Andre147 wrote:
damonkillian wrote:Seriously i've never seen such poor player : David John. He was able to lose 0-4 against Jimmy White. :john:

I could lose 4-0 to Jimmy White, so I'm a poorer player than David John :shrug:

Sure, so do i. But i think we were never on TV.

Postby hendry_fan

Been verrrrrry busy,got a lot o catchin up to do.

A few mins after i switched Eurosport on,they showed for a few seconds the match btween Jones n Dott,it did,nt take me long to notice that they had the English flag next to Dotts name. :shock:

Has Graeme bcome an Englishman?!. :chin: <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Murphy wins 4-2.

Problem for these younger players beating a top player like Higgins is that next time they face another top player his opponent is already aware of his potencial, so Murphy knew that today.

Postby Andre147

Murphy again having an opinion :zzz:

This time he says players should be allowed 5 min practice before each match, because at the start of each match he says the first frame and a half it's guess work to how the table responds.

For once, can't say I disagree with him. I know that in the amateur events players are allowed 5 min each before their match.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:Murphy again having an opinion :zzz:

This time he says players should be allowed 5 min practice before each match, because at the start of each match he says the first frame and a half it's guess work to how the table responds.

For once, can't say I disagree with him. I know that in the amateur events players are allowed 5 min each before their match.

Disagree with that.

For me personally, seeing who can settle down quicker and adapt to the table is part of the game.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:

Disagree with that.

For me personally, seeing who can settle down quicker and adapt to the table is part of the game.

Probably you're right, and it's Murphy again trying to create an issue when there isn't one.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Disagree with that.

Probably you're right, and it's Murphy again trying to create an issue when there isn't one.

It's Murphy. Anybody who thinks shot clock ranking events are a good idea, doesn't deserve their opinion listened to. On anything.