Post a reply

Re: Coral Scottish Open Last 128 !!!!

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:been saying that for years as you say Ronnie hardly gets kicks im guessing but he does play on woollen cloth with people strolling around on carpet like everyone else

Ronnie also gets it cleaned less which someone else brought up about static so it could be a factor. :shrug:
I like that he treats it as a thing that's going to happen sometimes and just gets on with it.

Not been watching this but have Ants and Astley only got through three frames since 16:30?

Postby Iranu

eraserhead wrote:
Wildey wrote:been saying that for years as you say Ronnie hardly gets kicks im guessing but he does play on woollen cloth with people strolling around on carpet like everyone else

Ronnie also gets it cleaned less which someone else brought up about static so it could be a factor. :shrug:
I like that he treats it as a thing that's going to happen sometimes and just gets on with it.

Not been watching this but have Ants and Astley only got through three frames since 16:30?

And the thing is, because he doesn't react to them, you find commentators don't bring them up as often even when there has been a kick.

A lot of players react like the ball has just slapped their mother in the face, and it often becomes an excuse for what was actually a bad shot.

How many times do we hear a commentator say "ohhh has he had a kick there?" only for the replay to show that no, it was just a bad miss.

Postby eraserhead

SnookerFan wrote:Random question alert.

How long are the quarter finals? Best of nine?

Not sure but would have thought same format as the previous home nation events.

Judd under some immense pressure here. :-)

Postby eraserhead

Iranu wrote:How many times do we hear a commentator say "ohhh has he had a kick there?" only for the replay to show that no, it was just a bad miss.

"I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt...

yep that was definitely a kick"

It's almost like they're Apologising on the players behalf sometimes.

Postby SnookerFan

I am staying at my parents this week. Southern Rail are down, and I am getting a lift to work.

Grabbing a cab home Friday, in an attempt to get some alone time with the snooker. Hence my question about the quarter.

Got four bottles of Tsing Tao in the fridge. I'm hoping to get stuck in.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
Iranu wrote:How many times do we hear a commentator say "ohhh has he had a kick there?" only for the replay to show that no, it was just a bad miss.

"I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt...

yep that was definitely a kick"

It's almost like they're Apologising on the players behalf sometimes.

Yeah, comms react to the player's reactions, even if it was clear it wasn't a kick but just bad cueing.

Postby PoolBoy

Yeah! and first to 6 in semis ... and first to nine in final!

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:

Poolboy delivers the facts. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:

These 128 tournaments with Best of 7s for me should be:

For the first 2 round, play it Best of 7s, to accomodate for the intense playing around... but then, last 32 until Quarter-Finals, play it as Best of 9, Semis of course 11 and Final 17 or 19.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:Yeah, comms react to the player's reactions, even if it was clear it wasn't a kick but just bad cueing.

It's one of the things I think eurosport are worse than the BBC at. A lot of the commentators bar maybe Neal Foulds feel the need to defend one of the top players messing up.

Postby eraserhead

Keogan had a few chances to clinch this match but couldn't take them, probably won't win the match now.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Allen just nearly broke his hand on the table. rofl

When was that? in frame 5?

Last frame, missed a red over the pocket and gave the table a right smack.