Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open Final !!!!!!

Postby Vallomas

So, do you believe that this final will be considered as a classic one, in the years to come, despite having top players of the game facing each other?

I think it will be. All the emotion from start to finish, the tension it had especially in the last two frames and King's honest and candid speech after his maiden win, will be memorable.
Last edited by Vallomas on 21 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:So, do you believe that this final will be considered as a classic one, the years to come, despite having top players of the game facing each other?

I think it will be. All the emotion from start to finish, the tension it had especially in the last two frames and King's honest and candid speech after his maiden win, will be memorable.

It was certainly an entertaining final. At 5-1 it looked routine to Hawkins, then at 7-5 it looked like Hawkins might not win another frame. At 8-8, I had no idea who was going to win.

It just proves that it doesn't matter if a lot of higher ranked players pull out, we can still get a high standard of final.

Put it like this. What final did you prefer? Hawkins vs King, or Selby vs Ding from the International Championship.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Vallomas wrote:So, do you believe that this final will be considered as a classic one, the years to come, despite having top players of the game facing each other?

The 16th frame alone will make this a classic for me. First time i've ever seen anything like that, it was incredible. I said it during the match, but there was some real quality safety play in that second session.

Postby Wildey

I Think this Final highlighted the appeal of snooker.

its not the Superstar clash of Ronnie v Judd its about a story the match Entails.

For years ive been fed up of comments by some people on line that seems to think unless you get top players playing it wont be good.

i wanted Kyren to win a young guy building up his career but from every angle of the Semi final line up there was a story and that what its all about Snooker was the winner in Northern Ireland.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:I Think this Final highlighted the appeal of snooker.

its not the Superstar clash of Ronnie v Judd its about a story the match Entails.

For years ive been fed up of comments by some people on line that seems to think unless you get top players playing it wont be good.

i wanted Kyren to win a young guy building up his career but from every angle of the Semi final line up there was a story and that what its all about Snooker was the winner in Northern Ireland.

The BBC don't help with their constant licking up to Ronnie and Judd. Nor their explaining of lower rankeds as; "I don't know much about this player." <doh>

Postby Vallomas

Well said, Wildey, that's the way I feel too.

It was a match that could make people who were watching snooker for the first time, to love this game. But it was even more satisfying for all of us who follow the game in every tournament.

Overall, I really enjoyed the whole tournament, so many emotions in many games.

Postby Cloud Strife

What complete and utter tosh.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:What complete and utter tosh.

You didn't enjoy the final?

Yes, I did. It was immensely entertaining.

What's utter tosh about what he said?

Postby hendry_fan

Congrats to Mark KING,for once he,s lived up to his name. ;-)

Jokes aside,crackin stuff from him,what a feelin it must be after being a pro for so long and to finaly win a proper bit o silverware,i,m chuffed to bits for him.

I can fully understand him,when he mentioned the gambling problems he had,as i suffered from that also,it almost ruined me too,i really hope he stops,now that he,s 70,000 richer,he really should,nt have to gamble again,i know it,s easier said than done,but come on Mark,you can do it,stay away best you can from all that gambling,it,s time to start chalkin in the ££££££,s from playin the wonderful game of snooker.

I only saw bits n pieces of the match but i,ll have a peek at it when i have the time.

:win: :happy: :clap: Mark is the King of the Northern Ireland Open 2016!. :clap: :happy: :win:

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:

youre the complete and utter tosh.

Ive known you unfortunately for as long as i wish i didn't online and nothing in all that time you have said has had no relevance what so ever to snooker its just ronnie twiddle time after time after time.

be honest your a troll that has no interest in snooker am i right or am i right?

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

youre the complete and utter tosh.

Ive known you unfortunately for as long as i wish i didn't online and nothing in all that time you have said has had no relevance what so ever to snooker its just ronnie twiddle time after time after time.

be honest your a troll that has no interest in snooker am i right or am i right?

I just found it funny how you're jizzing over a final between a 38 year old and a 42 year old, when you e made it clear many times you have no time for the older generation.

Postby Wildey

correct me if im wrong but did we have a 20 something in the final?

both were veterans so i had nobody young to back.

i was gutted when King beat Kyren