Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open Semi Finals !!!!!!

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

eraserhead wrote:Selby not on the same level as Hendry or Davis.

This has been a good response from Kyren.

Maybe but it is the last player out of generation 75 to have won the triple crown with more than one title of world champion.

And it may be that at the time of Hendry and especially Davis the competition was less elevated.

The snooker has become much more popular the number of pros has risen dramatically.

Today no one really gets to dominate this discipline because the level is so high there are so many good players.

I'm not sure that hendry at its top would dominate today the discipline as it did before.

Postby Cheshire Cat

The BBC are doing a sports news report on Neil Robertson and veganism in the game of snooker. Shout outs given to Ebdon, Carter and McGill as well.

Postby eraserhead

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Maybe but it is the last player out of generation 75 to have won the triple crown with more than one title of world champion.

And it may be that at the time of Hendry and especially Davis the competition was less elevated.

The snooker has become much more popular the number of pros has risen dramatically.

Today no one really gets to dominate this discipline because the level is so high there are so many good players.

I'm not sure that hendry at its top would dominate today the discipline as it did before.

Yes he's a multiple world champion but to put him on the level of Hendry or Davis is ridiculous, but he has been playing more like a world No.1 lately which is good to see.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

But it was to adhere with the post of Snucar on the fact that one expects too a new Ronnie instead of looking for a really complete player with a big mental a match player like selby. Because many players have more talent than selby. And yet. Selby is perhaps not the most talented but what prize list. He has won everything.

While trump that we put on the roof of the world (even if it is much younger) did not gain much. And honor goes to selby, who which with say not a lot of talent has such an important prize.

The brand of a very great.

Then it does not have the palmares nor the size of Hendry or Davis but as said so well Snucar I think we should look for a player with big character who does not show frustration like Davis, Hendry, Higgins or Selby rather than copies of Ronnie with enormous talent but usually not too much head.

The best examples: Brecel and Lisowski who were enchanted from their earliest age and to whom they were labeled the label of "new ronnie, the succession, the successor, ...."

The only one who really had the talent as Ronnie and that was seen as the new star who succeeded at the moment is Trump.

And still much remains to be proved. The world title has always been deprived of him until now.

Postby Andre147

Watched some highlights of the first semi... Kyren played very bad, King didn't have to play his best to beat him, but still managed to get the job done well. His love for Ireland must be immense since 2 of his 3 ranking event finals have come from over there...

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:I would like a Hamilton v King Final...

I can't believe it and I don't know if you're joking, but I genuinely do.

With Hamilton prevailing.

Postby Andre147

Hamilton and King have similar records in Finals...

Prior to this, both had 2, King at the 1997 Welsh Open being beaten by Hendry heavily, and then the 2004 Irish Masters beaten by Ebdon.

Hamilton with the 1999 Biritsh Open, when O'Brien beat him there, and then narrowly losing to MJW at the 2002 China Open.

Postby eraserhead

snucar wrote:I Hawkins doesn't win this title, quite comfortably too, I don't see what Terry can do to help this lad anymore.

He'll show up at the crucible knock out Ronnie, Robbo, Selby, Ding or Trump and then be burnt out for the next match.