Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open Semi Finals !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I would like a Hamilton v King Final...

I can't believe it and I don't know if you're joking, but I genuinely do.

With Hamilton prevailing.

I genuinely do hope Hamilton wins.

Postby Vallomas

The TV director doesn't seem to know much about the game, he cares only for the pots and we very often miss where the cue ball is going, the cannons, etc.

Nice clearance from Barry to the pink, to take a 2-1 lead.

Postby Cheshire Cat

eraserhead wrote:
snucar wrote:I Hawkins doesn't win this title, quite comfortably too, I don't see what Terry can do to help this lad anymore.

He'll show up at the crucible knock out Ronnie, Robbo, Selby, Ding or Trump and then be burnt out for the next match.

Haha.

In his defence, he's given us some cracking matches. Robbo v Hawkins in 2015 was great, and ROS v Hawkins in 2016 was one of the best matches of the season. The break-building standard was insane.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I would like a Hamilton v King Final...

I can't believe it and I don't know if you're joking, but I genuinely do.

With Hamilton prevailing.

I genuinely do hope Hamilton wins.

Genuine?

Postby TheRocket

Cheshire Cat wrote:
eraserhead wrote:
snucar wrote:I Hawkins doesn't win this title, quite comfortably too, I don't see what Terry can do to help this lad anymore.

He'll show up at the crucible knock out Ronnie, Robbo, Selby, Ding or Trump and then be burnt out for the next match.

Haha.

In his defence, he's given us some cracking matches. Robbo v Hawkins in 2015 was great, and ROS v Hawkins in 2016 was one of the best matches of the season. The break-building standard was insane.

Probably the best Ronnie has ever played and still lost. I think, he won all of his 12 frames in one visit. Safety game probably cost him in the end but ROS still should have never lost that match.

Postby eraserhead

Cheshire Cat wrote:In his defence, he's given us some cracking matches. Robbo v Hawkins in 2015 was great, and ROS v Hawkins in 2016 was one of the best matches of the season. The break-building standard was insane.

It was a great match and nothing against Barry but I was gutted Ronnie lost. I do have a lot of respect for Barry's recent record at the crucible but also a few sour grapes. <laugh>

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Probably the best Ronnie has ever played and still lost. I think, he won all of his 12 frames in one visit. Safety game probably cost him in the end but ROS still should have never lost that match.

Not prably, it DID cost him the match :irk:

And that has been a trend in recent times in deciders... his safety has cost him most of those.

Right now when Ronnie heads into a decider my confidence is nowhere near as high as it was 2 or 3 years ago. I always fear his opponent will either clear in one visit or Ronnie's safety will be rubbish and hands his opponent the frame on a plate.

Postby LC

This could of been a good opportunity for a young player to make his mark this week, a young Chinese player possibly, but the old British guard is still clinging on to the power in the game, I'm not complaining it's been different from the usual suspects at the business end

Postby Cheshire Cat

I quite like ROS as a pundit, personally. Wasn't too keen on him when he first started, but he's grown in to it.

It's been quite a good match so far.

Postby Vallomas

The 44 break Hamilton did was superb, it would be a pity if he lost the previous frame. The match is still very open, can't say that one of the two is playing better.

LC wrote:This could of been a good opportunity for a young player to make his mark this week, a young Chinese player possibly, but the old British guard is still clinging on to the power in the game, I'm not complaining it's been different from the usual suspects at the business end

This is a good point, Hossein Vafaei and Yan Bingtao had the better chance, but the old British guns (King and Hamilton respectively) prevailed. Maybe the next time.

Postby OoNebsoO

Vallomas wrote:The TV director doesn't seem to know much about the game, he cares only for the pots and we very often miss where the cue ball is going, the cannons, etc.

Quite quite annoying, and happens often on many tournaments. So many times I wondered where the balls ended up, yet all we got was a close up face of a player wondering how he missed.

Postby Andre147

That's actually a very interesting point Foulds mentioned...

In a frame that has a rerack (thus that frame doesn't exist) does balls potted, safety %, etc, count towards the stats?

Postby SnookerEd25

Andre147 wrote:That's actually a very interesting point Foulds mentioned...

In a frame that has a rerack (thus that frame doesn't exist) does balls potted, safety %, etc, count towards the stats?

I'd always assumed they were null and void...

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:That's actually a very interesting point Foulds mentioned...

Re-racks usually happen quite early with not a lot of point difference between the players, so they shouldn't have too great an impact on statistics.

Another way to look at it is that the pot success etc reflects performance and is a talking point for commentators, while things like points and frame scores reflect what actually matters and get reset officially.