Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open Quarter Finals !!!!!!

Postby TheRocket

snucar wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
snucar wrote:Breaking news: British Airways flight 382 from London to Belfast has just landed. Thank you for choosing to fly with us today and we hope you enjoy your snooker.

You actually going?

I tried to but but as soon as I landed in Belfast I had some sharp pains in my lower back caused by some Mark Allen mates who immediately handed a nice deportation order to me. Next flight you'll hear from the venue is mine. :shrug:

Shame really, I had some really good questions for Allen's bird, hoping to understand what's wrong with her.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kylamcguigan ... 9773051904

Here you might have the answer. Money makes everything possible.

Postby SnookerFan

Remember that year at the UK Championships when Marco Fu brought his wife/girlfriend/whatever she was, and she gave Dennis Taylor a Christmas card?

The bucking fool didn't stop going on about it all week. Made it sound like it was the only Christmas card he'd ever received.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:Remember that year at the UK Championships when Marco Fu brought his wife/girlfriend/whatever she was, and she gave Dennis Taylor a Christmas card?

The bucking fool didn't stop going on about it all week. Made it sound like it was the only Christmas card he'd ever received.

There was probably a picture of him potting the final black of the 1985 final on that christmas card.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Joe Johnson taking lessons from Hendry, it seems. Says that both players are 'trying to win' and not relying on safety.

The safety game gets a tough time these days. Poor thing.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Joe Johnson taking lessons from Hendry, it seems. Says that both players are 'trying to win' and not relying on safety.

If you dont have a fairly good enough safety game these days you can hardly win a tournament. At least if you face great safety players like Selby, Higgins, etc..

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Joe Johnson taking lessons from Hendry, it seems. Says that both players are 'trying to win' and not relying on safety.

<doh> How is playing safe not trying to win?

I'm pretty sure the point of a safety shot is to make it difficult for your opponent. A person who refuses to play percentages, or keeps taking on pots that aren't on, is much less likely to win than somebody who knows how to play safety.

Postby snucar

TheRocket wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/kylamcguigan ... 9773051904

Here you might have the answer. Money makes everything possible.

So the fire in Allen's belly wasn't the reason after all. Now that I've seen her better, I don't fancy her all that much...I find that little girl's mom from that Virgin TV's commercial on Eurosport to be much much more interesting.
Last edited by snucar on 18 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Remember that year at the UK Championships when Marco Fu brought his wife/girlfriend/whatever she was, and she gave Dennis Taylor a Christmas card?

There was probably a picture of him potting the final black of the 1985 final on that christmas card.

That or a picture of Rory Mcilroy.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:How is Williams vs Wilson going?

It's a great match. MJW in on a break to try and make it 3-3.

I haven't watched many matches this week, but the pockets look a little generous to me. Maybe someone else can comment on that.

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:

So the fire in Allen's belly wasn't the reason after all. Now that I've seen her better, I don't fancy her all that much...I find that little girl's mom from that Virgin TV's commercial on Eurosport to be much much more interesting.

Can't picture her at the moment.

How does she compare to the Chicken Madras bird?

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:I'd like to see Hawkins vs Wilson in the final with no real preference for who wins.

You Quest-ing it this week?

Quest TVing in the afternoon
iPhoning in the evening which is not ideal

Postby snucar

SnookerFan wrote:
Can't picture her at the moment.

Have a look at the next commercial break on Eurosport or later at the evening matches.

SnookerFan wrote:How does she compare to the Chicken Madras bird?

You're playing a hard game Snookerfan, that's a very tough question. Chicken Madras bird has the opportunity to show off quite a bit, while the Virgin TV's mom just sits on her couch staring at her annoying daughter in complete apathy.

Typical match probably going to a decider, I think. I 'd put a fiver on Virgin's TV mom to win, though.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Wilson was showing twitching and nerves all through that break and it finally caught him up. Will missing that glorious chance affect him in the decider?

Here we go!

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:buck. That kick will cost MJW the match.

MJW gets more kicks than anyone on tour.

It's part of the reason that I think cueing has a lot to do with kicks.