Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open - Last 16

Postby LC

Body blow for the sponsors and tv, golden chance for ros to get a tournament in bag, but you just feel of late he's not up to it when it comes to the crunch

Postby TheRocket

Since March or so it's really been sickening for Ronnie. He isn't even playing badly, scoring much heavier than his opponents but he still keeps losing in the decider and just making fatal errors in the decisive moments. Like the safety error in the decider.

Very annoying.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:Ronnie unfortunately isn't that great in deciders lately

That's the bucking sad truth :irk: :irk: :irk:

He played his best Snooker to comeback, but Kyren was stronger in the decider. As soon as he satrted potting them I knew he would make a frame winning break, or at least one that would be very hard for Ronnie to recover.

Such a disappointment now, but it's history.

Hpe MJW destroys him and wins the tournament, he wont have a much better chance than this to win another ranker.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

TheRocket wrote:Since March or so it's really been sickening for Ronnie. He isn't even playing badly, scoring much heavier than his opponents but he still keeps losing in the decider and just making fatal errors in the decisive moments. Like the safety error in the decider.

Very annoying.

I agree.

Postby hendry_fan

:happy: :happy: KYREN WILSON!!!!!!. :happy: :happy:

BRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIIIIANT STUFF!!.

Rons 3 centurys on the trot :clap:,but just goes to show yet again,that centurys are great,but a century <only> wins you 1 frame. :-)

:wine: :happy: KYREN!. :happy: :wine:

Postby TheRocket

its fair to say, these tight matches doesnt suit Ronnie and never will. Hes no Higgins in the end.

Ronnies most wins come from getting a good lead in the early stages of the match and then kill it off, being a good frontunner.

I know, he won a few big tight matches in his career but nowadays it seems like he's losing all of them.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:its fair to say, these tight matches doesnt suit Ronnie and never will. Hes no Higgins in the end.

Ronnies most wins come from getting a good lead in the early stages of the match and then kill it off, being a good frontunner.

I know, he won a few big tight matches in his career but nowadays it seems like he's losing all of them.

Nowdays a decider is less than 50/50 regarding Ronnie's chances...

Disappointing but that's the way it is.

I agree it's frustrating, so many deciders lost in recent times...

Postby Andre147

mantorok wrote:Ronnie can still break build but his safety has cost him a lot of matches recently.

Hawkins match at the Worlds last season a prime example f that... scored as well as he could but his safety cost hm the match, like it did here...

Postby TheRocket

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:That's why I think at the moment the best player in the world is Mark Selby. He makes very few errors with his safety game.

Agreed. He makes almost no errors in a decider or in the really close stages of a match. Thats why he keeps winning them.

Postby Andre147

But like TR says there are a llot of positives from Ronnie's game... scoring so well.

If he can bring that scoring power to the TC events and above all do not let things get too tight then he has every chance of winning an event.

I feel a title is just around the corner for Ronnie, it's just that final click needed that's still not there atm...

Andre147 wrote:But like TR says there are a llot of positives from Ronnie's game... scoring so well.

If he can bring that scoring power to the TC events and above all do not let things get too tight then he has every chance of winning an event.

I feel a title is just around the corner for Ronnie, it's just that final click needed that's still not there atm...

Yes, I see him win one of the triple crowns If not the three :win:

Postby Vallomas

I don't know about Allen's weight, but the Polish referee with the beard -the one that SnookerFan is afraid of- looks even taller than before.
Last edited by Vallomas on 17 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:But like TR says there are a llot of positives from Ronnie's game... scoring so well.

The 3? <laugh> not even in our best dreams mate. Ronnie couldn'tdo that when he was in his prime, he certainly wont be doing it now.

It hasnt been done since MJW did it in 2002/2003 season and I think it may still take a while for someone to do it.

If he wins one of the 3 I'll be more than happy, ideally the Worlds but any of them would be nice.

Postby Vallomas

Congrats to Hossein Vafaei for his maiden ranking quarter final. He bear Scott Donaldson 4-2 and by the scoreline in every frame it seems that it was a tough battle.

Andre147 wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:

The 3? <laugh> not even in our best dreams mate. Ronnie couldn'tdo that when he was in his prime, he certainly wont be doing it now.

It hasnt been done since MJW did it in 2002/2003 season and I think it may still take a while for someone to do it.

If he wins one of the 3 I'll be more than happy, ideally the Worlds but any of them would be nice.

Yes , i'm joking.

I would like him to win his 6th world title. Otherwise I would choose the Uk more than the Masters. He has won enough that one.

The ideal: win the Uk and the World Championship. :happy:

Postby Andre147

Ronnie win the UK and Worlds in the 2007/2008 season.

His game is in good shape for the first of the TC events, and I agree if I had to chose between Masters and UK I wouldn't think twice and would choose the UK. It's a ranker, and he would be level on 6 with Davis, one above Hendry.

Postby Andre147

Hawkins has gone under the radar in this tournament but by all acounts he has played well.

Has a tough match v M. White next.