Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open - Last 16

Postby Cloud Strife

mantorok wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:Ronnie's playing great, that's all that matters to me. Win or lose, it's just great to see his wonderful cue action.

I'm loving this match.

This x100

Same here. Anything else is a bonus.

Postby TheRocket

I think Williams feels more comfortable when playing Higgins than Ronnie does when he plays the scot.

Williams was never scared of him, never will be. He beat a full peak Higgins twice in the semis of the World Championship. In a row.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Win or lose, I'm happy with the way Ronnie plays these days. Never gives up even when his back is to the wall, just like when he reeled off all those frames to take Hawkins to a decider at the Crucible.

Postby SavoMilosevic

TheRocket wrote:I think Williams feels more comfortable when playing Higgins than Ronnie does when he plays the scot.

Williams was never scared of him, never will be. He beat a full peak Higgins twice in the semis of the World Championship. In a row.

Absolutely. And I think Higgins prefers playing Ronnie, he looks uncomfortable against Williams. Even in some of his memorable wins (UK final in 2010 and Crucible semi in 2011) he wasn't really in control, but MJW choked after leading.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:looks like a repeat of the holt match in the grand prix unfortunately.

After such a great effort yes :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

But I'd rather him losing this way, fighting, than losing 4-0.

Postby Iranu

At least now I can fully support Williams in going on and winning it.

What a match that was.

Yeah Ronnie doesn't care whether he wins or loses at all!

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:lets be honest this tournament is basically a race to who will get to 29 ranking event first Ronnie or Higgins.

To be honest, the only match I've seen so far was Ronnie's on Monday evening.

Obviously, I've been following scores, and know how well Higgins played yesterday.

Do you think the winner will be one of these two this week?

Yes without a doubt

:chin: