Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open last 64 !!!!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Imo they should change the system, make it 500000 for winning two home nation series events, 750000 for three and the million obviously as it is for all four.

Would be much fairer. And then the likes of Selby,Trump, Bingham wouldn't skip these events.

Barry Hearn and his bank manager disagree with you.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Imo they should change the system, make it 500000 for winning two home nation series events, 750000 for three and the million obviously as it is for all four.

Would be much fairer. And then the likes of Selby,Trump, Bingham wouldn't skip these events.

Good point TR <ok>

Hearn has no intention whatsoever though in giving them added prize bonus, so that way I highly doubt Hearn would implement it.

There was never a chance for any player to win all these 4 events, but at least I would have liked Wenbo to go out against someone like Higgins, Allen, ROS, instead of King... but that's the way it pan out.

Postby Iranu

Good idea, but £250,000, £500,000, £1000,000 would probably be fairer (and more realistic as it's less risky for Hearn.)

Where bonus only applies if you win the first tournament, and you must win sequential tournaments. So you can't get the £250,000 bonus if you win e.g. the 2nd and 3rd, or the 1st and 3rd.

Postby snucar

Andre147 wrote:I would have liked Wenbo to go out against someone like Allen

Not a a fan of Wenbo and his clownish antics, but if he had to play THAT douche I would have been his biggest fan.

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:

Good idea, but £250,000, £500,000, £1000,000 would probably be fairer (and more realistic as it's less risky for Hearn.)

Where bonus only applies if you win the first tournament, and you must win sequential tournaments. So you can't get the £250,000 bonus if you win e.g. the 2nd and 3rd, or the 1st and 3rd.

Yes. There are many reasonable possibilities to make everything just more realistic and fair for the players. But as Andre said. Hearn has no intention of really giving them any bonus prize money anyway so it'll stay as it is.

Postby Andre147

This was only to make people talk about it, no more, no less. He would never give a player added prize bonus.

What he should do is scrap the CL.

Postby Andre147

MJW could go 3-0 up here...

Will have Gilbert next who always is a tough opponent... and then very likely Higgins in the last 16, which would be a good match, even though MJW far from his glory days...

A match between the 2 under the Best of 7 format would suit MJW a lot more...

Postby SnookerFan

Rockettim147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Sport needs narratives and drama. Now Ronnie, be a good boy and spank him in the quarters and show him who's boss.

I hope Ronnie shows who is Big Papa against Higgins

Smack that Papa. :D

Postby Rockettim147

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Yes , i agree.

Unfortunately for him it will not last.

But I must admit that he is the strong man of the
moment, the man to beat.

Ronnies game is getting better. I think he will win his 6th Worlds

Both him and Ronnie are set to meet in the Quarters, but still not garanteed both will reach that stage, especially Ronnie... he seems to be more interested in punditry than actually winning matches at these events...

One feels all the same that ronnie is in the process of rising in power. It would not surprise me that he founds his A game and flies during the uk championship.

Postby Dan-cat

snucar wrote:
Andre147 wrote:I would have liked Wenbo to go out against someone like Allen

Not a a fan of Wenbo and his clownish antics, but if he had to play THAT douche I would have been his biggest fan.

I love his antics. Snooker can be a staid old sport sometimes, and it's much the worse for it.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Rockettim147 wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Sport needs narratives and drama. Now Ronnie, be a good boy and spank him in the quarters and show him who's boss.

I hope Ronnie shows who is Big Papa against Higgins

Smack that Papa. :D

Papa Slap him Ronnie!!