Post a reply

Coral Northern Ireland Open last 64 !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 14th ~ Sunday 20th of November at Titanic Exhibition Centre, Belfast

After the Last 128 only a staggering 21 of the top 32 Seeds survived with the likes of Shaun Murphy and Ding Junhui biting the Dust.

But Ronnie O'Sullivan, Mark Williams and Man of the Moment John Higgins survives.

This has given a great opertunity for someone to come out of the pack to claim a maiden Win.

Who will reach the last 32 and stay on course to pick up The Alex Higgins Trophy?

DRAW

Selected last 128 Matches

Peter Ebdon v Adam Duffy
Alan McManus v Sanderson Lam
Mark King v Liang Wenbo
Ronnie O'Sullivan v Jimmy White
Zhang Anda v Chris Wakelin
Kyren Wilson v Jordan Brown
Craig Steadman v Mark J Williams
Zhou Yuelong v Allan Taylor
Sam Craigie v John Higgins
Luca Brecel v Jamie Cope
Michael Holt v Barry Hawkins
Jack Lisowski v John Astley
Jimmy Robertson v Joe Perry
Mark Allen v Michael Georgiou
Marco Fu v Sam Baird
Ken Doherty v Anthony Hamilton
Aditya Mehta v Anthony McGill
Eden Sharav v Yan Bigtao

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open last 64 !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:It wouldn't totally shock me if Ronnie decided to let Jimmy win.

well that would take the focus from Mark Allen and be 10 times worst than what Allen has done this week.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:It wouldn't totally shock me if Ronnie decided to let Jimmy win.

well that would take the focus from Mark Allen and be 10 times worst than what Allen has done this week.

I nearly posted that exact same thought. rofl

Though, we seem to be making Ronnie guilty of something he hasn't done yet. Even Colin Murray was asking them if they would consider losing frames on purpose on Monday. <doh>

Postby SnookerFan

TWITTER ATTACK!

Mark Allen ‏@pistol147
People complain when we say nothing and complain when we tell the truth. You're a fickle bunch but I don't mind. I love you all

Do people complain when Mark Allen says nothing? rofl

How about he agrees to keep his gob shot, and we agree we're all fine with it? <ok>

Postby SnookerFan

Interesting that Mark Allen claims to be telling the truth.

Because if that's what he's claiming, that means that Mark Joyce's mother doesn't like him. That's one of the 'truths' Mark Allen lay down pre-match.

Mark Allen. <doh>

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:

I nearly posted that exact same thought. rofl

Though, we seem to be making Ronnie guilty of something he hasn't done yet. Even Colin Murray was asking them if they would consider losing frames on purpose on Monday. <doh>

Alex Higgins and Jimmy White were extremely close but ive seen an exhibition between them some 20 years ago and Alex lost 5-4 and was fuming and i mean fuming he told autograff hunters to buck Off.

Postby Cloud Strife

Wildey wrote:

I can see Ronnie taking it a little easy and not playing with the same killer instinct because it's Jimmy. Let's see if Jimmy can take advantage of it IF that is the case.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Alex Higgins and Jimmy White were extremely close but ive seen an exhibition between them some 20 years ago and Alex lost 5-4 and was fuming and i mean fuming he told autograff hunters to buck Off.

I saw a best of seven exhibition between them a year-ish before he died.

Jimmy clearly played a few shots that were there to aid Higgins to make a bit of a match of it. He went 2-0 up, and then in frame 3 he broke off, split the reds and left the cueball in amongst. It wasn't a mistake, he did it in another frame he broke off in too.

But that was a different situation. Higgins was clearly very unwell by that point, and wasn't seemingly capable of making a 30-break or so. The frames where Jimmy did that, he was clearly giving Alex a head-start. The game ended 4-3 to Jimmy, it could've been 7-0. (All seven frames would've been played, no matter what the score.)

Nobody was blaming him, Jimmy was trying to make an exhibition game more interesting, giving people their moneys worth.

This isn't what's happening today. Ronnie and Jimmy are playing a ranking event match. If anybody even made one shot wrong on purpose to give their opponent a hand, I'd lose respect for them. Like Wild said, there's no way Alex would've done anything to help his opponent.

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Alex Higgins and Jimmy White were extremely close but ive seen an exhibition between them some 20 years ago and Alex lost 5-4 and was fuming and i mean fuming he told autograff hunters to buck Off.

I saw a best of seven exhibition between them a year-ish before he died.

Jimmy clearly played a few shots that were there to aid Higgins to make a bit of a match of it. He went 2-0 up, and then in frame 3 he broke off, split the reds and left the cueball in amongst. It wasn't a mistake, he did it in another frame he broke off in too.

But that was a different situation. Higgins was clearly very unwell by that point, and wasn't seemingly capable of making a 30-break or so. The frames where Jimmy did that, he was clearly giving Alex a head-start. The game ended 4-3 to Jimmy, it could've been 7-0. (All seven frames would've been played, no matter what the score.)

Nobody was blaming him, Jimmy was trying to make an exhibition game more interesting, giving people their moneys worth.

This isn't what's happening today. Ronnie and Jimmy are playing a ranking event match. If anybody even made one shot wrong on purpose to give their opponent a hand, I'd lose respect for them. Like Wild said, there's no way Alex would've done anything to help his opponent.

Alex was very ill.....Ronnie would be very patronizing if he did that Jimmy is still a Pro player

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Alex was very ill.....Ronnie would be very patronizing if he did that Jimmy is still a Pro player

Oh, of course.

I wasn't suggesting the exhibition I saw was comparable with this match. I wasn't even suggesting it was comparable with the exhibition you saw.

Kind of a random memory I was reminded of.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I love hearing stories about exhibitions. I remember seeing an interview with Ronnie and Jimmy saying that yes they are a bit of fun - but they play to win.

Sorry. All I seem to have done lately is bore on about matches I've watched in the past.

Postby Holden Chinaski

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I wasn't being sarcastic! I meant it.

I know. <ok>

It was more of a broad apology to the forum. In case others were sick of me waffling on. rofl

You make a million posts about what you had for dinner and what kind of crisps and lager you're going to buy, but the one post you apologise for is one about old snooker matches... <doh>

Postby sundaygirl

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:I saw Ronnie play Jimmy in the semi final of the Masters at Wembley

Was that the one where Ronnie won, but got booed by the crowd?

Ronnie won very easily, Jimmy couldn't get going. It was the year he was Jimmy Brown.

Postby Vallomas

Let's talk about the Last 64 matches that are already on.

Hossein Vafaei beat Zak Zurety 4-2 and he's through the Last 32. It's more likely that he faces McManus in the next round, but if he is such talented as all say, he can cause him trouble and earn some money that will help him to stay on tour -which is not easy, as he ost almost all the previous tournaments due to Visa problems.

Luca Brecel also beat Jamie Cope 4-2, he looks in good shape and would be nice to see him going deep in this tournament. Impressive win for Fergal O'Brien too, he whitewashed Mitchell Mann making a 142 on the way - the highest break of the tournament so far.

Postby SnookerFan

sundaygirl wrote:
Ronnie won very easily, Jimmy couldn't get going. It was the year he was Jimmy Brown.

Must be the match I was thinking of.

I remember Ronnie beating Jimmy to deny him a place in the final, and certain fans booed him. (A rarity for Ronnie O'Sullivan.) I'm assuming it was The Masters final, because it's the sort of thing the London fans would do.

Postby Dan-cat

Holden Chinaski wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I wasn't being sarcastic! I meant it.

I know. <ok>

It was more of a broad apology to the forum. In case others were sick of me waffling on. rofl

You make a million posts about what you had for dinner and what kind of crisps and lager you're going to buy, but the one post you apologise for is one about old snooker matches... <doh>

Hahaha rofl

I've told you a million times, stop exaggerating :)

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:You make a million posts about what you had for dinner and what kind of crisps and lager you're going to buy, but the one post you apologise for is one about old snooker matches... <doh>