Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open last 64 !!!!!!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Wildey wrote:Alex Higgins and Jimmy White were extremely close but ive seen an exhibition between them some 20 years ago and Alex lost 5-4 and was fuming and i mean fuming he told autograff hunters to buck Off.

I saw a best of seven exhibition between them a year-ish before he died.

Jimmy clearly played a few shots that were there to aid Higgins to make a bit of a match of it. He went 2-0 up, and then in frame 3 he broke off, split the reds and left the cueball in amongst. It wasn't a mistake, he did it in another frame he broke off in too.

But that was a different situation. Higgins was clearly very unwell by that point, and wasn't seemingly capable of making a 30-break or so. The frames where Jimmy did that, he was clearly giving Alex a head-start. The game ended 4-3 to Jimmy, it could've been 7-0. (All seven frames would've been played, no matter what the score.)

Nobody was blaming him, Jimmy was trying to make an exhibition game more interesting, giving people their moneys worth.

This isn't what's happening today. Ronnie and Jimmy are playing a ranking event match. If anybody even made one shot wrong on purpose to give their opponent a hand, I'd lose respect for them. Like Wild said, there's no way Alex would've done anything to help his opponent.

Also surely they'd be penalised by World Snooker? Definitely not worth it.

Besides, lots of players are good mates off the table without letting each other win when they play. Something out of nothing.

Meanwhile, John Higgins looks to be continuing his good form. 1-0 up and in the balls in the second, unlucky split on the reds.

Postby hendry_fan

B**KIN ELL!,Johns on a roll,must be eatin plenty o haggis. :-D

Opens the match with a *137",then rattles in a *130* in the next. :happy:

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:Yo HF :) Haggis and Scotch Eggs for sure!

I :love: scotch eggs,absolute yuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmy.

Johns Probably been drinkin plenty of Irn Bru too. :-D

Postby snucar

Is the Irish super duper world beater playing today? Can someone provide a logical explanation on how that epic bellend has such a lovely bird? "Rich" is not acceptable as an answer.

Postby SnookerFan

snucar wrote:Is the Irish super duper world beater playing today? Can someone provide a logical explanation on how that epic bellend has such a lovely bird? "Rich" is not acceptable as an answer.

Maybe he has a big willy.

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:Superb maximum by John Higgins, what a cracking last red!

Amazing stuff!

mantorok wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Higgins on 147 !!!

Amazing!!!

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Higgins too good. Amazing stuff!!!

What a double.

So, how is Higgins playing?

Postby SnookerEd25

snucar wrote:Is the Irish super duper world beater playing today? Can someone provide a logical explanation on how that epic bellend has such a lovely bird? "Rich" is not acceptable as an answer.

At least it's obvious why you don't...

Postby hendry_fan

WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!.

INCREDIBLE STUFF FAE J HAGGIS!!.

knocks in three *130*+ breaks!.

A *137*,a *130* and the magical *147*!!.

COMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMME ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!.

:cracker: :clap: :bowdown: :happy:

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

SnookerFan wrote:
Vallomas wrote:Superb maximum by John Higgins, what a cracking last red!

Amazing stuff!

mantorok wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Higgins on 147 !!!

Amazing!!!

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Higgins too good. Amazing stuff!!!

What a double.

So, how is Higgins playing?

To be honest I did not see much. I saw the end of the 147 and a bit the third frame. I guess he really played well.

Postby hendry_fan

Dan-cat wrote:I chose the wrong time to go out and get a fruit salad didn't I! Duhhhhhhh. Well done Higgo. Icing on the cake of his current purple patch.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmn Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn!!,did,nt i tell ya a few weeks ago that you should make sure that you have enough "bl**dy" food in,deary me,you silly dumpling!!,sum never learn!!. :no: :-(

All because of a fruit salad you missed an fantastic *147* live. :dizzy: <laugh>

He played numerous good shots throughout that break and made an wonderful double on the last red.

Postby TheRocket

Great maximum from Higgins. So many good pressure pots and of course the double on the last red. I think its fair to say, he's the best doubler ever.

havent seen any other player who pots so many doubles like he always does.

Postby snucar

SnookerEd25 wrote:

At least it's obvious why you don't...

True that...dickdo is not my case.

Postby Dan-cat

TheRocket wrote:Great maximum from Higgins. So many good pressure pots and of course the double on the last red. I think its fair to say, he's the best doubler ever.

havent seen any other player who pots so many doubles like he always does.

No argument from me on that.

'I was just trying to keep Ken Doherty out of my head on the final black' Lolz...

Postby Vallomas

I don't want to interrupt the Higgins-mania, but we had an unexpected result. Sanderson Lam beat Alan McManus 4-0! Faces Vafaei next and it looks like a great chance for each player to go further in the tournament.