Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open last 128 !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Just like after the Romania Final, Ronnie plays his next match just two days after. At the English Open he lot early in the 3rd round, funnily enough he could meet Wakelin here in that very same 3rd round...

This season busy shedulle for Ronnie is something he probably hasn't experienced since the 2011/2012 season when he played in most PTC events back then, and even then they weren't as cramped as these are today on the calendar..

Just hope he can bring his A game here, many top players not entering, his biggest threat the man who beat him on Saturday, both can meet in the Quarters...

Postby Andre147

Luca beats Murphy 4-0 :D Played very well most of the match, wish he could be like that for a whole tournament to win it, which I believe he can if he improves his safety game.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Just like after the Romania Final, Ronnie plays his next match just two days after. At the English Open he lot early in the 3rd round, funnily enough he could meet Wakelin here in that very same 3rd round...

This season busy shedulle for Ronnie is something he probably hasn't experienced since the 2011/2012 season when he played in most PTC events back then, and even then they weren't as cramped as these are today on the calendar..

Just hope he can bring his A game here, many top players not entering, his biggest threat the man who beat him on Saturday, both can meet in the Quarters...

He seems to do better when he only plays two or three tournaments a year, maximum.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie and Jimmy White could meet next round if both win their opening matches. Ronnie with an arm broken could win v David John, whereas Jimmy plays Gareth Allen... on paper Jimmy should win, but we all know he can lose to anyone these days so not garanteed...

Ronnie plays at 7pm today and Jimmy at 8pm.

The nostalgist in me wishes for this match!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie and Jimmy White could meet next round if both win their opening matches. Ronnie with an arm broken could win v David John, whereas Jimmy plays Gareth Allen... on paper Jimmy should win, but we all know he can lose to anyone these days so not garanteed...

Jimmy's decline has been long...

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Jimmy's decline has been long...

It's just for nostalgia purposes, we all know if they meet Ronnie is likely to beat him 4-0.

Postby Andre147

Higgins pocketing 300,000 grand in a week is surely a record in the game isn't it?

If these we rankers he would be on 30 by now, and WN2.

Postby PoolBoy

Dechawat Poomjaeng 2-4 Alex Borg
Tian Pengfei 2-4 Fergal O'Brien
Matthew Stevens 3-4 Zhou Yuelong
Ross Muir 1-4 Chen Zhe
Jimmy Robertson 4-2 Elliot Slessor
Sanderson Lam 4-1 Wang Yuchen
Shaun Murphy 0-4 Luca Brecel

As already mentioned, that is a simply stunning win for Luca!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:I dislike the butchering of my childhood memories to sell rubbish. Hannah and Barbara must be turning in their graves.

Send your Alex Higgins T-Shirt back and ask for a refund.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:I dislike the butchering of my childhood memories to sell rubbish. Hannah and Barbara must be turning in their graves.

Hero worship is fine. I'm wearing it today :)

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Hero worship is fine. I'm wearing it today :)

I was wearing mine when I found out he died. :shock: