Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open last 128 !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Knowing Jimmy's performances these days he'll probably spoil the party and lose today... hope not.

Back in the Day Jimmy White was a special Player these days for want of a better word hes a cannon fodder so normally i would say i dont want to see Jimmy playing Ronnie its a miss match to say the least.

BUT With this tournament being played in the Name of the Biggest personality the game has seen its only fitting that his predecessors should meet in the event.

Head to Head

Overall O'Sullivan leads 29-10
Main Events O'Sullivan leads 16-5
Multi session Matches O'Sullivan leads 1-0
Finals O'Sullivan leads 2-0

Postby Wildey

Cloud Strife wrote:Jimmy still believes he can win the world title. Actually genuinely believes it.

everyone knows that won't happen but no point playing if you don't believe

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:Jimmy wins! :happy: :happy: :happy: :happy:

Ronnie v Jimmy in a tournament named after Alex Higgins...

Couldn't be more fitting could it... <cool>

Well put Andre. Three best mates together, the three most entertaining snooker players.

There's a great line in the Rack Pack movie after Davis beats Alex...

Alex: 'People want to see the flare players like me and Jimmy'
Barry: 'Flare players? That just means you miss'

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:

Well put Andre. Three best mates together, the three most entertaining snooker players.

Ronnies only relationship with Alex was from a fans perspective they werent Friends i doubt if Alex spent an hour in Ronnies company during his lifetime

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:There's a great line in the Rack Pack movie after Davis beats Alex...

Hearn had all the best lines in that.

Hearn: 'Come on Alex, let me buy you a drink.'
Alex: 'You can buy me two drinks.'
Hearn: 'Okay then.'

Looks at the barman; "Two halves."

rofl

Postby Wildey

The home nations is a ticket for players to Stay on tour via the 1 year list because its not Seeded until the last 32 players like Duane Jones and Sean O'Sullivan could get lucky with draws and sneak in to the last 32 picking up £3,500

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

Ronnies only relationship with Alex was from a fans perspective they werent Friends i doubt if Alex spent an hour in Ronnies company during his lifetime

This is a good point. I was rewriting history a little bit there!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Wildey wrote:Ronnies only relationship with Alex was from a fans perspective they werent Friends i doubt if Alex spent an hour in Ronnies company during his lifetime

This is true. Ronnie's only real 'relationship' with Alex is the respect that he had for him.

When it comes to Alex, I always seem to remember Hendry's words that I heard in one of his interviews. I don't know why, but they've always stuck with me. He said one of the most disappointing things in the history ofthe game, is that more players didn't turn up to Alex's funeral. I think that speaks a lot of him, really.

Postby Wildey

Dan-cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:

This is a good point. I was rewriting history a little bit there!

maybe i was exaggerating with the hour bit

they probably been together longer than that with Jimmy as the common ground

Postby Wildey

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Wildey wrote:Ronnies only relationship with Alex was from a fans perspective they werent Friends i doubt if Alex spent an hour in Ronnies company during his lifetime

This is true. Ronnie's only real 'relationship' with Alex is the respect that he had for him.

When it comes to Alex, I always seem to remember Hendry's words that I heard in one of his interviews. I don't know why, but they've always stuck with me. He said one of the most disappointing things in the history ofthe game, is that more players didn't turn up to Alex's funeral. I think that speaks a lot of him, really.

Yea i did expect More players there to be honest

lets not underestimate that they have a career because of Alex Higgins.

Postby SnookerFan

Wildey wrote:Yea i did expect More players there to be honest

You wonder how many of them secretly didn't like Alex Higgins.

He obviously influenced a lot of players, and many wouldn't want to speak ill of him in death. But let's face it, he wasn't always nice to people.

Postby Dan-cat

Wildey wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

Yea i did expect More players there to be honest

Abso-bucking-lutely. I loved Hendry for that. Regardless of how much a git Alex must have been (and having read John Virgo's book about him he really was the gittiest of gits!!) without him I don't think we'd be all chatting on this forum right now about a flourishing glorious sport and several players would not have won millions of quid.