Post a reply

Re: Coral Northern Ireland Open last 128 !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:I don't mind these antics from Allen, tbh. Snooker is played as much in the mind as it is on the table. Do whatever you can to gain an advantage.

At least do it against players who are more or less the same level as him.

Against someone as Joyce shows he doesn't have that much confidence in his game.

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:I don't mind these antics from Allen, tbh. Snooker is played as much in the mind as it is on the table. Do whatever you can to gain an advantage.

I always like needle and some kind of rivalry but in case of Allen it was borderline to being pathetic. And his opponent didn't really look like he was interested in all that stuff.

Allen was trying hard to make it look like a big emotional match.

Postby PoolBoy

Mark Allen 4-1 Mark Joyce
Matt Selt 2-4 Jamie Barrett

Sam Baird 2-2 Noppon Saengkham
Alfie Burden 0-2 Craig Steadman
Marco Fu 0-0 Ryan Day
Michael Georgiou 0-0 Patrick Wallace (former Northern Irish Pro)

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

I always like needle and some kind of rivalry but in case of Allen it was borderline to being pathetic. And his opponent didn't really look like he was interested in all that stuff.

He acted like it was a Worlds match or something... it's only a bucking first round match in a 128 tournament. :wave:

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

He acted like it was a Worlds match or something... it's only a bucking first round match in a 128 tournament. :wave:

rofl

Well said.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie doing his punditry work is allright, but I honestly hope it doesn't distract him too much from the main job of winning the tournament.

At the English Open he even said he was more interested in punditry than winning matches...

Postby Lou147

Good win for the Waldenator today in his efforts to get back in the top 16 for the Masters

Postby Vallomas

Could anyone explain me why this hatred from Mark Allen for Mark Joyce? I know that Allen has written a lot in twitter against him the last years, before say all these words he said yesterday, before the match. But why?

Postby SnookerFan

Vallomas wrote:Could anyone explain me why this hatred from Mark Allen for Mark Joyce? I know that Allen has written a lot in twitter against him the last years, before say all these words he said yesterday, before the match. But why?

Mark Joyce has beat him a few times, and Mark Allen is a idiot.

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:Marco Fu 4-3 Ryan Day
Michael Georgiou 4-2 Patrick Wallace
(former Northern Irish Pro)

Patrick Wallace. There's a blast from the past.

I saw him play Shaun Murphy in Telford one time. Ronnie was on the other table, so there was only five of us watching.

Other viewers included CJ from Eggheads, and some guy with obvious mental issues who kept waving at Murphy and giving him the thumbs up.

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
You lied, you mong.

Did I?

Sorry, I thought it was this eveing.

So, for those of us that are senile, when is it?

Tommorow afternoon.

World Snooker just confirmed on Twitter, the match was at 7pm....

Postby SnookerEd25

snucar wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
snucar wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Listening on headphones. There's an airport in my head

Finally someone's mentioned it. I can't believe they've chosen such a venue for a snooker tournament. Ridiculous!

Pardon?

Not the best thing for the players to hear airplanes above their heads every couple of minutes.

Wasn't there a football match on at the Ricoh during the CoC a couple of years back?

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerEd25 wrote:
Not the best thing for the players to hear airplanes above their heads every couple of minutes.

Wasn't there a football match on at the Ricoh during the CoC a couple of years back?[/quote]

There was one a few days ago. They played Scunthorpe at the Ricoh on the 12th November.

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerEd25 wrote:
snucar wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:
snucar wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Listening on headphones. There's an airport in my head

Finally someone's mentioned it. I can't believe they've chosen such a venue for a snooker tournament. Ridiculous!

Pardon?

Wasn't there a football match on at the Ricoh during the CoC a couple of years back?

snucar, that was my little 'I can't hear you joke'!

Seriously I had to stop using my headphones it was too annoying

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
PoolBoy wrote:Marco Fu 4-3 Ryan Day
Michael Georgiou 4-2 Patrick Wallace
(former Northern Irish Pro)

Patrick Wallace. There's a blast from the past.

I saw him play Shaun Murphy in Telford one time. Ronnie was on the other table, so there was only five of us watching.

Other viewers included CJ from Eggheads, and some guy with obvious mental issues who kept waving at Murphy and giving him the thumbs up.

Stop talking about yourself in the third person, you mentalist

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
Stop talking about yourself in the third person, you mentalist

rofl rofl

I wasn't thumbs upping Murphy. :grrr:

I was flipping him the bird. I was sicking of hearing him waffling on about kicks. :bird: