Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Final !!!!

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
Andre147 wrote:Ronnie rofl rofl rofl rofl

You're not gonna win this Final missing those... that red and the brown <doh> <doh> <doh>

Yes terrible miss. But I think there are more important turning points coming up later in the match.

Already he could have been leading 3-1, 4-0 I wont even go that far.

More impirtant turning points to come up no doubt.

Postby Andre147

snucar wrote:I know he has scored well so far but Ronnie's body language tells me that he's feeling this match a tad too much. He just doesn't look the player prior to yesterday's semi. Fu seems to have damaged his mind set. Selby looks a lot more relaxed.

In his last Finals Ronnie doesn't seem relaxed at all. The rest of the tournament he does.

Postby Cloud Strife

Johnny Bravo wrote:The problem is he's had plenty of chances, but he keeps blowing them. He could have been 4-0 in front at the mid-session.

Agree. He had a chance to exert his authority on this match early, but failed miserably. That will give Selby confidence.

I don't fancy him to win if it goes or stays close at the end.

Postby Iranu

Honestly that wasn't THAT bad. A couple of misses yes, but if the match IS going to end up close, I'd rather it be nip and tuck all the way through than for Ronnie to build up a lead only for Mark to wear him down and peg him back, and he so often has.

Postby Cheshire Cat

It wouldn't be so bad if it was difficult shots he missed, but they were all sitters.

Especially that 3rd frame, even though Ronnie won in one visit, he missed a sitter of a pink into the middle pocket when he was on 60-odd. Not good signs.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Cloud Strife wrote:
Johnny Bravo wrote:The problem is he's had plenty of chances, but he keeps blowing them. He could have been 4-0 in front at the mid-session.

Agree. He had a chance to exert his authority on this match early, but failed miserably. That will give Selby confidence.

I don't fancy him to win if it goes or stays close at the end.

Even though I don't want to happen, I tend to agree. I just don't get why he doesn't have the patience to duel it out in the safety battle with Selby. If it was me out there, I could play until the end of time with Selby. Hell, I'll even order pizza while we're at it.

Postby TheRocket

I still think, it has something to do with age.

Missing sitters, getting twitchy , not able to exert authority. Its just a sign that age is catching up with him. It's as simple as that.

I don't care about the people who make fun about the term "decline" and on the other side those who really mean it.

I don't wanna drop to their level but again. Like yesterday. The truth is in the middle. Ronnie O'Sullivan is not the player he was a few years ago. Its like with Higgins. He can win tournaments and play a peak match at times but he just isn't the player he was in his prime.

Which obviously doesn't mean that he cant win this match. But his really good performances will become less and less over the next months.

Postby Holden Chinaski

TheRocket wrote:I still think, it has something to do with age.

Missing sitters, getting twitchy , not able to exert authority. Its just a sign that age is catching up with him. It's as simple as that.

I don't care about the people who make fun about the term "decline" and on the other side those who really mean it.

I don't wanna drop to their level but again. Like yesterday. The truth is in the middle. Ronnie O'Sullivan is not the player he was a few years ago. Its like with Higgins. He can win tournaments and play a peak match at times but he just isn't the player he was in his prime.

Which obviously doesn't mean that he cant win this match. But his really good performances will become less and less over the next months.

Ronnie has played bad matches since 1992. It's nothing new. There were times when he played very bad and often gave up... I don't see that now. He's playing good today, just a few misses. There was a time when he could not pot any long pot... These last years he has improved.

Postby Johnny Bravo

I'm watching Hazel talking to Steve during the mid-session interval.
And I think I see Selby practicing in the background.
I don't see Ronnie doing the same. Don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Postby TheRocket

Holden Chinaski wrote:
TheRocket wrote:I still think, it has something to do with age.

Ronnie has played bad matches since 1992. It's nothing new. There were times when he played very bad and often gave up... I don't see that now. He's playing good today, just a few misses. There was a time when he could not pot any long pot... These last years he has improved.

I'ts not just about today. It's about a period of 6-7 months. The way, hes not able to kill off a match when his opponents keep missing. The way, he keeps messing up straight forward safeties and giving his opponents easy openers. Losing the deciders to the likes of Wakelin, Holt.

His positional play. It's just the addition of everything. And lets be honest. You cant expect a 41 year old man still playing as good as he ever did. thats basicially impossible.

Postby Andre147

This Final going Selby's way more and more...Ronnie just 1 frame behind, but still those silly errors are a no no in this Final.

He wont win it missing sitters.