Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Final !!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Cloud Strife wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Ronnie gave away runners up medal. Nice gesture.

Mourinho did that once and got lambasted for it, although his was a winners medal.

He didnt want to pay tax on it.

Postby mantorok

Andre147 wrote:I was very very upset with the way Ronnie lost the EM Final, that one hurt me a lot.

This one doesn't, even though it«s more important.

he lost against the hardest player in the game. no shame there.

Postby TheRocket

Bad news he lost but good news he still has the game to do great things.

When the likes of Trump, Robertson and the others dont up their game we might see many ROS-Selby matches in the future.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:Sh*t. I think I might actually be becoming a Selby fan!

You can be a fan of both. It's allowed.

he impressed me most in the 2014 WC final. since then I have nothing but admiration for the guy. it's hard supporting both in the same match though!
Last edited by mantorok on 04 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Vallomas

Andre147 wrote:I was very very upset with the way Ronnie lost the EM Final, that one hurt me a lot.

This one doesn't, even though it«s more important.

I was very upset when Ronnie lost to Selby on the 2014 Worlds final.

But now I'm not at all, as I have grown a big respect to Mark Selby, who is arguably the best player of his generation and a growing legend.

A great final.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Watching those interviews. Well I really have to say, selby is a good fella. Not just as a player but as a human also.

I cant believe im saying this but im feeling much better than I expected lol.

Yeah, Ronnie's performance this evening and his attitude generally leaves me optimistic for the future. I'm not as upset as I would've been had this evening turned out to be a continuation of this afternoon's session.

I think the fact that he knows that selby is the number one and that he is the man to beat and not him as it has often been will motivate him.

Because it is clear now that the favorite of a tournament will not be ronnie but well selby. The boy just won the worlds and the uk and other tournaments as well.

He dominates the snooker at the moment even if it is not an outrageous domination it is well installed.

I think this is the best thing that can happen to ronnie. He is even more formidable and dangerous when it is not the favorite.

He likes to silence the critics as well. Because it's going to go there: "he can no longer win finals, he's finished, it's decline, he can not stand the pressure ...."

Postby Andre147

This Final and their 2010 Masters have by far been the best of the 2 in terms of standard of play :hatoff:

This evening in particular the standard was just insane. 5 centuries in the last 6 frames played! 3 from Selby, 2 from Ronnie :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Great great match.

Postby Goldenballs147

Scottish Open, Welsh Open and German Masters will all be within Ronnie's sights (as well as the Masters obviously), so I don't think a win will be far away ranking or non-ranking. That £75000 cheque will take a lot of pressure off him as well I'm sure.

And yeah I agree with the idea that not being the favourite will be a good thing as well, even less pressure.

I'm saddened by tonight's loss, even more so because I thought this was meant to be, and if it had of been anyone else in the final I genuinely think it would have been 6 UK titles, but I'm hopeful for the rest of the season.
Last edited by Goldenballs147 on 04 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Clara8633

Andre147 wrote:This Final and their 2010 Masters have by far been the best of the 2 in terms of standard of play :hatoff:

This evening in particular the standard was just insane. 5 centuries in the last 6 frames played! 3 from Selby, 2 from Ronnie :hatoff: :hatoff: :hatoff:

Great great match.

I actually missed the afternoon session and only saw this one :-D Very lucky seeing as I rarely see snooker nowadays.

I'm also glad Selby beat ROS by scoring big breaks, rather than having to slow down the game's progress.
Last edited by Clara8633 on 04 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:Would it be right to say that Selby fans and Sullivan fans are more respectful of each other now?

I always have been, but yeah I guess you're right. It's just a healthy rivarly now, and one of the greatest we've seen. I think both will still play some big matches soon.

Postby TheRocket

I have a very mixed feeling for April/May. As I said many times. I wouldnt even mind if he kept losing in first rounds as long as he wins that one more world title. Im still not fully convinced whether he can do it.

The match today had his shadows. That 3-4 frames he played were nice but it doesnt change the overall reflection. The fact he missed so many sitters which he himself mentioned. So we can just wait and see how things will develop.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Would it be right to say that Selby fans and Sullivan fans are more respectful of each other now?

Give it a rest, Mr Switzerland.

I ain't Switzerland. I was hoping for a bloodbath today and I'm sorely disappointed, you total fuckwit :-D

Postby Goldenballs147

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Is what Ronnie will be playing Scottish open ?

He'll be there with Eurosport, and I think he said if he's there he might as well play. Not really the right attitude and I certainly criticised him for it, but it can only help with match sharpness.
Last edited by Goldenballs147 on 04 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.