Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Final !!!!

Postby Andre147

Not long to go now for another chapter of one of the greatest rivalries we've had in Snooker.

Knowing the BBCm this will ony start 1:15/1:20 minimum...

ITV :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

Not even Ronnie's greatest rivals, Hendry and Higgins, have played him in all TC Final events... this just goes to show how many important meetings these 2 today have had, and this one might not be the last time we see them together in the Final of a TC event...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Not long to go now for another chapter of one of the greatest rivalries we've had in Snooker.

I didn't take Ronnie's recent defeats in finals too hard. A defeat here however would be quite unpleasant, as it is a triple crown event and it's against Selby.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Not long to go now for another chapter of one of the greatest rivalries we've had in Snooker.

For once, I'm grateful.

Pulling off the M25....

Postby Andre147

Ronnie will have played Robbo, Trump, Higgins and Selby in his last 4 Finals, doesnt get any tougher than those. He only won against Robbo, but hopefully today he can put things right. If he plays rubbish like he did in his last 2, Selby is the winner.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Ronnie will have played Robbo, Trump, Higgins and Selby in his last 4 Finals, doesnt get any tougher than those. He only won against Robbo, but hopefully today he can put things right. If he plays rubbish like he did in his last 2, Selby is the winner.

Decline.

Postby PoolBoy

Snooker Overdrive wrote:But if Ronnie wins, he would reinstate himself as the best player in the world while leveling the amazing UK wins record of Steve Davis at 6 titles.

It would also mean that he'd move ahead of Steve Davis in the all-time ranking wins list. And obviously will always stay there, with Davis retired.
He'd also move ahead of Higgins again - although that 'battle' could go on for a while yet!

Postby Cheshire Cat

This is probably the first time i've considered Ronnie to genuinely be the underdog against Selby. As a neutral, at least. Their respective fans may think otherwise.

Selby just carries that 'man to beat' aura right now for me.