Post a reply

Betway United Kingdom Championship Final !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 22nd of November ~ Sunday 4th of December at the York, Barbican

So after a few surprises along the way we are Down to the last men Standing 5 times World Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan playing twice and Current World Champion Mark Selby in their 8th final against each other.

Who will Win?

DRAW

Final

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Mark Selby

HEAD TO HEAD

Overall O'Sullivan leads 16-8
Multi Session Matches Tied at 4-4
Finals Selby leads 4-3

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Final !!!!

Postby Pink Ball

I am a horrible bucker, probably the worst person I know, but even I'm impressed at how obnoxious (many) Ronnie and Selby fans are. For me, tomorrow's final is merely a sideshow to the many sickening posts that will inevitably flow tomorrow.

Some fans like Andre, Holton Chinskania, Skeleton Man and Clara are more than affable as are several more. But these are rare roses in a vast field of penises.

Ronnie fans versus Selby fans
Delusion versus arrogance
Obsession versus pretentiousness
Lunacy versus snideness
rubbish talk versus snobbery
Intolerance versus intolerance

I cannot wait!

Postby Pink Ball

On a serious note, a Ronnie versus Selby final is a neutral's dream, I've never seen two players so evenly matched when they face each other. There's both the best exponents of their respective styles, and from a snooker point of view it's as good as any sport can get.

Postby Andre147

Dream Final!

This is only the 2nd time in Snooker history 2 players face against other in all 3 TC Finals. The first was between Davis and Griffiths, starting in the 1981 UK Final, 1982 Masters, and 1988 World Champs.

Ronnie and Selby first started in the Masters 2009, then again in 2010 and 2014, then at the Worlds same year and now this 2016 UK Final.

Postby Andre147

And I did say before in the Semis thread, Ronnie came to the 2014 Worlds on 5 finals won but lost a 6th to Selby.

Tomorrow he faces Selby yet again having won his previous 5 Finals here.

I hope history doesn't repeat itself tomorrow, would be quite sicknening to see Ron lose so many important matches against him.

Postby Andre147

Pink Ball wrote:On a serious note, a Ronnie versus Selby final is a neutral's dream, I've never seen two players so evenly matched when they face each other. There's both the best exponents of their respective styles, and from a snooker point of view it's as good as any sport can get.

Couldn't have put it better myself :spot on:

A bit like Alex Higgins v Davis from the old days isn't it.. although Higgins was hammered most of the times they met <laugh>
Last edited by Andre147 on 04 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby PLtheRef

Going to be a good contest. I think tonight has done O'Sullivan the power of good. If you breeze through an event then when it comes to a stern test you can sometimes hit a wall. Take the 2014 World Championship Final, Ronnie had won his quarter-final 13-3 and his semi-final 17-7 but seemed to hit the wall as Selby began to recover towards the end of Sunday evening and during Monday afternoon.

In all honesty if it's one sided you'd expect it to be Ronnie. If it's close, and I predict it will be, it'll go to Selby.

Postby Andre147

Tonight did Ronnie the world of good no doubt. He was properly tested by an opponent who put massive pressure on him, and he responded like the true champ he is in that decider.

This is good for him tomorrow, he tasted the pressure.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I wonder if Ronnie will ask for Steve Peters for tomorrow as well. He said in the studio that he'd had Dr. Peters in his corner today to calm him, and in all honesty, I don't see O'Sullivan winning that match tonight without having had his help.

Anyway, hopefully it's a good final. Selby badly wants that second UK, and Ronnie wants to equal his boyhood hero's tally of six. Incentives for both men.

Postby TheRocket

Dont know what to think atm. Still buzzing after that Fu match but on the other side it would be absolutely sickening if he loses this final.

And given how hes playing atm theres any chance thats gonna happen.

One thing for sure. If Selby wins, I'll look back and wished Fu would have potted that green today

Postby Johnny Bravo

TheRocket wrote: One thing for sure. If Selby wins, I'll look back and wished Fu would have potted that green today

Fu wouldn't have stood a chance against Slowby. He would have collapsed tommorow. Everytime a top player gives it his all and manages to beat Ronnie, he loses the next match.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

2007: Ronnie wins the decider in a dramatic semi final against Selby making a 147, goes on to win the title.

2014: Ronnie wins the decider in a dramatic semi final against Bingham, goes on to win the final.

2016: Ronnie wins the decider in a dramatic semi final against Fu, goes on... (to be continued)
Last edited by Snooker Overdrive on 04 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:2007: Ronnie wins the decider in a dramatic semi final against Selby making a 147, goes on to win the title.

2014: Ronnie wins the decider in a dramatic semi final against Bingham, goes on to win the final.

2016: Ronnie wins the decider in a dramatic semi final against Fu, goes on... (to be continued)

One factor that's not in his favour is the one I mentioned above, this being his 6th Final and facing Selby very much like the Worlds Final...

but hopefully the pattern you said is the one that prevails :-D

Postby Andre147

Having reached the Final, Ronnie now stands in 12th place, at the start of the tournament he was out of Top 16 given his 2014 UK money was taken off.

If he wins the title he climbs a further 4 places to 8th.

Postby Holden Chinaski

Clara8633 wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:
Clara8633 wrote:Where can I watch the live streaming? I used to do it on snookerroom but obviously that's not possible anymore.

http://www.facebook.com/SportGame-Chann ... 443524722/

Thanks. Will it just show up on that page? And do I have to log in first? (I don't use facebook.)

I think you need a facebook account. The live streams always just seem to show up on that page. Good quality stream as well.

Postby Cloud Strife

DAY 11 TABLE - 126/127

339 Cloud Strife 89/21 +30
335 king.kauto 91/16 +30
331 OoNebsoO 95/18 +10
321 Aris147 86/15 +30
298 eraserhead 84/18 +10
295 Andre147 81/11 +10
289 TheCleaver 83/15 +10
285 sundaygirl 81/16 +10
281 PLtheRef 83/11 +10
278 kolompar 80/14 +10
240 Wildey 68/13 +10
223 SnookerFan 65/9 +10
95 Oasis147 25/5 +10

Postby Dan-cat

I'm pondering several big questions today.

1/ will Ronnie prevail against his arch-rival?
2/ what time shall I eat lunch?
3/ has the Saviour been yanking our chains this whole time for his own amusement?
4/ how much will Pinkball moan about fanboyism?
5/ how much lager will SnookerFan consume?