Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Final !!!!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I have a very mixed feeling for April/May. As I said many times. I wouldnt even mind if he kept losing in first rounds as long as he wins that one more world title. Im still not fully convinced whether he can do it.

The match today had his shadows. That 3-4 frames he played were nice but it doesnt change the overall reflection. The fact he missed so many sitters which he himself mentioned. So we can just wait and see how things will develop.

4 or 5 great frames (could even be centuries) mean nothing if you can't win a match. I was very happy with the way Ronnie responded tonight, Champ's response, but he had already done the damage in the 1st after the MSI with so many sitters missed.

I'm hopeful he'll win a title soon, but I'm beggining to think Ronnie will need an easier opponent in the Final, like Higgins had in his last 3 rankers. Or at least not Higgins, Trump or Selby <laugh>

Postby Clara8633

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:Would it be right to say that Selby fans and Sullivan fans are more respectful of each other now?

Give it a rest, Mr Switzerland.

I ain't Switzerland. I was hoping for a bloodbath today and I'm sorely disappointed, you total fuckwit :-D

Pity you weren't here during the 2014 WC Final, you would have loved it.

Postby TheRocket

Pink Ball wrote:Would it be right to say that Selby fans and Sullivan fans are more respectful of each other now?

Pinkball. Out of interest. How would you rate O'Sullivans performance and just his overall level over these last months. You think he has one more world in him?

Postby Cheshire Cat

Look on Facebook. Look on YouTube. Not a chance.

People on here get their knickers in a twist about so-called 'Ronnie fans' and the ROS v Selby thing, but compared to the muppets on FB and YouTube, and Reddit to an extent, the people here are really quite tame and respectful.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

I ain't Switzerland. I was hoping for a bloodbath today and I'm sorely disappointed, you total fuckwit :-D

You've been wearing your neutrality like a badge of honour and you've not been shy in letting people know about it, you clown.

Kind of dissappointed my little tiff with Wild didn't develop into something more. I was ready for an argument.

Postby Pink Ball

TheRocket wrote:

Pinkball. Out of interest. How would you rate O'Sullivans performance and just his overall level over these last months. You think he has one more world in him?

Very good. Second favourite.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:I have a very mixed feeling for April/May. As I said many times. I wouldnt even mind if he kept losing in first rounds as long as he wins that one more world title. Im still not fully convinced whether he can do it.

The match today had his shadows. That 3-4 frames he played were nice but it doesnt change the overall reflection. The fact he missed so many sitters which he himself mentioned. So we can just wait and see how things will develop.

Selby's more likely to retain it than O'Sullivan is to win it.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

Goldenballs147 wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:Is what Ronnie will be playing Scottish open ?

He'll be there with Eurosport, and I think he said if he's there he might as well play. Not really the right attitude and I certainly criticised him for it, but it can only help with match sharpness.

I thank you for your information.

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:YT and Facebook is a bunch of deluded fans (both sides) bashing each other.

That statement could apply to literally any topic in the world, sadly.

Postby Pink Ball

Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

You've been wearing your neutrality like a badge of honour and you've not been shy in letting people know about it, you clown.

Kind of dissappointed my little tiff with Wild didn't develop into something more. I was ready for an argument.

Shut up you pube :-D I was neutral tonight but I was hoping to referee a proper shitstorm, sadly it never materialised.

Yeah, to be honest Wild's rebuttal was preposterous and fucky. You said nothing out of the way.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:YT and Facebook is a bunch of deluded fans (both sides) bashing each other.

That statement could apply to literally any topic in the world, sadly.

Very true.

Postby Cloud Strife

Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Shut up you pube :-D I was neutral tonight but I was hoping to referee a proper shitstorm, sadly it never materialised.

Yeah, to be honest Wild's rebuttal was preposterous and fucky. You said nothing out of the way.

:hatoff:

Postby TheRocket

Selby atm should be regarded big favourite for the World but the negative thing for him is. He cant play any better than what hes doing atm. And we have just december. In other words. His level cant increase but only going down until april while with ROS theres still room for improvement. As it is with the likes of Trump and robbo obviously.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:Selby atm should be regarded big favourite for the World but the negative thing for him is. He cant play any better than what hes doing atm. And we have just december. In other words. His level cant increase but only going down until april while with ROS theres still room for improvement. As it is with the likes of Trump and robbo obviously.

Hope he does a Robertson and his form vanishes into thin air.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Selby atm should be regarded big favourite for the World but the negative thing for him is. He cant play any better than what hes doing atm. And we have just december. In other words. His level cant increase but only going down until april while with ROS theres still room for improvement. As it is with the likes of Trump and robbo obviously.

Doubt that will happen, but him keeping this sort of form up wont last. But he's playing like a WN1 and World Champ is supposed to, all credit to him, even if he doesn't win anything else this season.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie's last century was his 850th.

That one was also Ronnie's 100 century breaks at the UK Champs! :hatoff: Hendry sits on 105, so Ronnie should overtake him next year or 2 years time.

Postby Goldenballs147

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:

Doubt that will happen, but him keeping this sort of form up wont last. But he's playing like a WN1 and World Champ is supposed to, all credit to him, even if he doesn't win anything else this season.

He may be playing like a WN1 and World Champion should, but that doesn't make watching him play any easier. To use a for instance, regardless of whether you liked Hendry or not you couldn't help but admire his ability and you also knew you were assured of a performance when you watched, with Selby that's not always the case and sometimes watching him is actually quite painful.

Either way you have to admire what he's achieved, but I think that it takes a lot out of him to play the way he does and by that token it can only last so long. This seasons World Championship might be a bridge too far.
Last edited by Goldenballs147 on 05 Dec 2016, edited 3 times in total.

Postby PLtheRef

A fantastic evening's entertainment tonight. Session of the season so far for me. It proved that a 6-2 and eventual 7-2 deficit was just a bit too much to recover for Ronnie tonight - despite a great effort to get back to 7-5 and then to 8-7.

I think O'Sullivan's reaction tonight to the defeat says a lot about upcoming intentions. He seemed to be very relaxed about the outcome (and was typically very generous towards his opponent). Although its definitely a positive, I can't help thinking that it reminds me of Hendry against Maguire in 2012.

Postby Erza Scarlet

Hello everyone! New here! :-)

As a Ronnie fan it is disappointing to see Ronnie lose a third final and especially against Selby as I don't like him >.>... but I think he played well in the second session and will bounce back from this, I can definitely see a title coming soon :happy:

Postby motorhead

Clara8633 wrote:
motorhead wrote:FREAKING LEGEND MARK :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :hyper:

I was wondering where the other Selby fans had gone :D

Managed to catch the last frames after work and enjoyed what I saw :evilgrin: Had a feeling he would have beaten ROS again today :dance2: Have some catch up to do with the Higgins match as I was working during it, by the comments must have been a great match.

Think Selby's friend (Bobby?) lost his daughter by what could be gathered by Mark's words, we rarely see him very emotional.

Postby Wildey

In 2016 there have been 16 Main Ranking events big and small with only one more to go this month in Scotland (draw out tomorrow or tuesday)

List of Winners
4 Mark Selby 5 finals
2 Judd Trump 3 finals
1 Martin Gould 1 final
1 Ronnie O'Sullivan 3 finals
1 Shaun Murphy 1 final
1 Mark Allen 1 final
1 Neil Robertson 2 final
1 Anthony McGill 1 final
1 Ali Carter 1 final
1 Ding Junhui 3 final
1 Liang Wenbo 1 final
1 Mark King 1 final

2016 has definitely belong to Mark Selby

Postby Andre147

Just seen the ES interview and Selby said to Matt Smith he's not playing in Glasgow, decided that before the UK began as deadline was before it anyway.

Well with almost 500 000 pounds ahead of 2nd place Bingham he can more than afford to skip tournaments, I would to in his position. Selby's last matches this year will be the qualifiers for German Masters this week.

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Just seen the ES interview and Selby said to Matt Smith he's not playing in Glasgow, decided that before the UK began as deadline was before it anyway.

Well with almost 500 000 pounds ahead of 2nd place Bingham he can more than afford to skip tournaments, I would to in his position. Selby's last matches this year will be the qualifiers for German Masters this week.

Dont think Ronnie will play in Glasgow either

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:Reminds you of Hendry against Maguire in 2012?

You're not thinking Ronnie will retire do you?

i wouldn't say straight away but it wouldn't surprise me if he had actually got a date in mind. He seemed very content with the week despite the defeat and spoke of how he was looking forward to more punditry at the Scottish Open. Thinking back to how Hendry seemed so relaxed even though he was 10-2,11-2,12-2 adrift against Maguire because he knew he was about to call time on his career. Perhaps it may be me reading more into it than is there though.