Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Final !!!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

mark king ‏@markking147 I can't believe people say @mark_selby_ is boring,he is one of the most colourful characters in our game,always joking and laughing.

Oh gee, I wonder who those 'people' could possibly be. It's amusing now how you have O'Sullivan saying one thing, while some of his 'fans' are completely out of touch with his views.

On his defeat to Mark Selby, O'Sullivan said: "We spent some time on the exhibition circuit, I like his mindset and I know he is in the game for the right reasons. He’s a good lad and a fierce competitor on the table. He's a fantastic player, he's won a lot of tournaments and he's a very tough match player. He's got the all-round game."

Postby mantorok

Cheshire Cat wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

mark king ‏@markking147 I can't believe people say @mark_selby_ is boring,he is one of the most colourful characters in our game,always joking and laughing.

Oh gee, I wonder who those 'people' could possibly be. It's amusing now how you have O'Sullivan saying one thing, while some of his 'fans' are completely out of touch with his views.

On his defeat to Mark Selby, O'Sullivan said: "We spent some time on the exhibition circuit, I like his mindset and I know he is in the game for the right reasons. He’s a good lad and a fierce competitor on the table. He's a fantastic player, he's won a lot of tournaments and he's a very tough match player. He's got the all-round game."

Ronnie has done a lot of growing up over the last few years, he's lost a lot of matches when worrying about what the other player is doing rather than focusing on his own game, you have to embrace the match you're in, rather than try to fight against it. If you sit there thinking "gah this guy is slow, boring, tedious, tough" or whatever then you're not concentrating on the job in hand, matches are lost that way.

I'm glad he's snapped out of that way of thinking, he's garnered a lot of respect from non-fans I reckon too, even if he doesn't appear to respect the game as much.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:
Ronnie has done a lot of growing up over the last few years, he's lost a lot of matches when worrying about what the other player is doing rather than focusing on his own game, you have to embrace the match you're in, rather than try to fight against it. If you sit there thinking "gah this guy is slow, boring, tedious, tough" or whatever then you're not concentrating on the job in hand, matches are lost that way.

I'm glad he's snapped out of that way of thinking, he's garnered a lot of respect from non-fans I reckon too, even if he doesn't appear to respect the game as much.

I think he respects the game more, nowadays.

Postby mantorok

SnookerFan wrote:
mantorok wrote:

I think he respects the game more, nowadays.

Key word there being appear :-)

Postby Goldenballs147

Whoever was asking about the draw for the Scottish Open earlier in the thread or questioning if O'Sullivan would even be playing, the draw is now up over on snooker.org

O'Sullivan plays Selt next Tuesday.