Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Semi-Finals !!!!

Postby Alex0paul

Has anyone ever had an easier route to a final? That's the problem with 128 draws is that one or two seeds go out early and the whole draw opens up.

Bring back 32 at a venue where we get quality last 16, quarter finals.

Postby eraserhead

Alex0paul wrote:Has anyone ever had an easier route to a final? That's the problem with 128 draws is that one or two seeds go out early and the whole draw opens up.

Selby at this years worlds? :chin:

Postby Andre147

Alex0paul wrote:Has anyone ever had an easier route to a final? That's the problem with 128 draws is that one or two seeds go out early and the whole draw opens up.

Not this easy draw talk again :zzz: easy draws can happen more frequently in this 128 format, and all players in their careers have easy draws at some stage. Just look at Higgins win at the 2015 Welsh open for instance..

You have to beat whoever is in front of you, period Easy draw or not, you need to make the most of it. The likes of Robbo and Trump... weren't they far superior here to the opponents they lost? of course they were, but on a good day they can bet the top players.

Ronnie (if he gets there) will have to beat the best player in the world right now to win the title, and that's all that matters.

Postby Andre147

And if you want to talk about players having easy draws to a Final, the example I gave plus this year's Worlds for Selby is another... we could be here all day talking about players having easy draws.

Has happened, and will happen again and forever.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Pink Ball wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Has anyone ever had an easier route to a final?

Robertson 2010 miles easier

Shots fired.

Robertson will never shake this off (whether you think it was an easy draw or not) until he at least makes another World final.

Postby Alex0paul

Pink Ball wrote:

I'd say Carter was much tougher than anyone O'Sullivan has faced so far.

It's up there with Maguires China Open run tbh.

Postby Pink Ball

Alex0paul wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Fu is better than Carter

Postby Alex0paul

Pink Ball wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Fu is better than Carter

Seriously? I'm a Fu fan but that's just ridiculous.

Postby Wildey

this post pisses me right bucking off.

yes you get easy draws so bucking what if seeds are crap and loses thats their problem not the player who breezes past players at a canter.

i don't subscribe to the theory that quality=top players because it doesent if they lose.

Postby Andre147

Hope Ronnie wins tonight of course. I fear that if he plays superb then tomorrow will just be like his last few Finals...

Anyway, should be a good game. Fu hasn't beaten him since 2009, but he knows how to play Ronnie and has a good h2h record agaisnt him.

Postby Alex0paul

Wildey wrote:

yes you get easy draws so bucking what if seeds are crap and loses thats their problem not the player who breezes past players at a canter.

i don't subscribe to the theory that quality=top players because it doesent if they lose.

They wouldn't be top players if they weren't quality.

Matthew Stevens is a brilliant case study. Plays out of his skin to beat Perry to open up the draw then plays pathetic in the next match.

If you don't think O'Sullivan has an easy draw then you're blinkered

Postby Wildey

Alex0paul wrote:
Wildey wrote:

They wouldn't be top players if they weren't quality.

Matthew Stevens is a brilliant case study. Plays out of his skin to beat Perry to open up the draw then plays pathetic in the next match.

If you don't think O'Sullivan has an easy draw then you're blinkered

how harder could it be if he played Robbo a player a 44 year old non tour never have been beat?

Postby eraserhead

Wildey wrote:Selby's two year rolling ranking tally is just unbelievable http://www.wpbsa.com/rankings/latest-pr ... -seedings/ if he wins tomorrow he will have almost double the second placed Bingham

Selby has been so consistent lately. Truly playing like the world number one at the moment.

Postby Alex0paul

Don't really know what you're saying there as it doesn't make grammatical sense.

Robertson is finished anyway so was again lucky to be in section of the draw.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Is it just me or has Ronnie become more of a 'student' of the game in the past while? He seems to remember a lot of scorelines, results and matches, not just his own but those of other players.

I imagine it's due to his punditry work.

Postby Pink Ball

Alex0paul wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:
Pink Ball wrote:

Fu is better than Carter

Seriously? I'm a Fu fan but that's just ridiculous.

Actually, buck it, you're right, though they're both good players. But I still think the fact Robertson played a geriatric en route makes his route easier

Postby TheRocket

Cheshire Cat wrote:Hendry talking out his backside. Was always tough to build telling breaks with pink and black out of commission.

Hendry is a legend. He would even clear the table and make frame winning breaks by just playing the yellow.