Post a reply

Betway United Kingdom Championship Semi-Finals !!!!

Postby Andre147

Image Image Image
Tuesday 22nd of November ~ Sunday 4th of December at the York, Barbican

Down to the one table set-up of this prestigious event, and our first semi-final brings us 2008 UK Champion Shaun Murphy up against 2 time and current World Champion and WN1 Mark Selby, himself a winner here in 2012 against this very same opponent.

The other Semi-Final is between Marco Fu, a beaten finalist here in 2008 the year Murphy won, v 5 times UK Champion Ronnie O'Sullivan, who has been in sublime form most of the tournament, only conceding 5 frames thus far.

Who shall win their respective Semi-Final and be one match away from the £170,000 top prize?

DRAW

Semi-Finals

Ronnie O'Sullivan v Marco Fu O'Sullivan leads 15-8
Shaun Murphy v Mark Selby Selby leads 17-16

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Semi-Finals !!!!

Postby Cloud Strife

DAY 10 TABLE - 124/127

315 OoNebsoO 93/18
303 Cloud Strife 87/21
299 king.kauto 89/16
285 Aris147 85/15
285 eraserhead 83/18
279 TheCleaver 83/15
272 sundaygirl 80/16
265 PLtheRef 81/11
265 kolompar 79/14
262 Andre147 80/11
230 Wildey 68/13
207 SnookerFan 63/9
85 Oasis147 25/5

Postby Cheshire Cat

A fantastic line up.

By anyone else's standards, you'd say two finals already this season is a good achievement. Ronnie O'Sullivan is looking to contest his third if he overcomes Fu. The man's longevity is something to be admired.

I worry about Murphy though. I really don't think he's played well at all, I would not be surprised if Selby trounced him. Never count out Smurph though.

Postby TheRocket

Snooker Overdrive wrote:@Ronnie fans: would you guys prefer a Ronnie v Murphy final to another Ronnie v Selby clash?

I want ROS to destroy Selby so I would like to see that final but in the end I dont care as long as he wins the title.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Snooker Overdrive wrote:@Ronnie fans: would you guys prefer a Ronnie v Murphy final to another Ronnie v Selby clash?

Not a 'Ronnie fan', but I personally would like a Murphy v Ronnie final. I think their last big meeting was the German Masters in 2015? But that was only a quarter final, iirc.

Cue tracker tells me they've played two finals, and it's one win for each man. Would be nice to break the deadlock.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:

I want ROS to destroy Selby so I would like to see that final but in the end I dont care as long as he wins the title.

I want Ronnie v Selby too, but there's no denying it, Murphy I think would inevitably be an easier opponent than Selby.

Their last match was a cracking one, Ronnie played superb but lost 5-4 on the final black at the GM. Apart from that, Murphy has 2 more wins against him, and those came in premier league.

Their closest other match was the Grand prix semi when Ronnie came back from 5-2 down to beat him 6-5. They haven't played that often these 2, but have 2 Crucible meetings regardless, both won by Ronnie.

Ronnie is more than capable of destrying Selby again, but if they meet in the Final this time I think it will be a close affair, and for Ron to win he'll have to win it like the 2009 Masters I feel.

Postby Andre147

What if we got a Murphy v Fu Final heh? rofl 2008 all over again

I have no doubt Ronnie will beat Fu today, but I don't think Selby winning is as straightforward as some are predicting... Murphy has a great h2h against him.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:What if we got a Murphy v Fu Final heh? rofl 2008 all over again

I have no doubt Ronnie will beat Fu today, but I don't think Selby winning is as straightforward as some are predicting... Murphy has a great h2h against him.

As long as Fu wins. <ok>

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Andre147 wrote:What if we got a Murphy v Fu Final heh? rofl 2008 all over again

As long as Fu wins. <ok>

:goodpost:

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Higgins says he'd rather lose 6-0 than lose like that, and that it hurts badly.

He was gutted, and that's great to see.

He'll be back I'm sure, he's not finished winning title that's a certainty-

Postby Johnny Bravo

I would enjoy watching Ronnie demolish Slowby, but that will only happen if Ronnie's at 100 %.
With that in mind I'd prefer a Ronnie - Murphy final. Murphy's game is more suitable for Ronnie.
He doesn't enjoy playing grinders. IMO Ronnie can beat them, but it drains him mentally and phisically. I reckon he lost to Slowby in the 2014 due to fatigue.

Postby Andre147

Last time these two played a Best of 11 (2015 Masters) Murphy won 6-5 from being 5-1 up I think... He has a great h2h recorrd v Selby, he can beat him today that's for sure.