Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Semi-Finals !!!!

Postby Pink Ball

Cheshire Cat wrote:I mean it's fine if you get caught out on a tough safety, but it's textbook safety shots that Murphy can't even consistently do. The two snookers Andre mentioned, I mean that's schoolboy stuff. It was the exact same shot, both times, and he under-hit it both times.

So annoying to watch.

He doesn't seem to have worked too hard on it either.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:This is something Ronnie knows how to handle when facing Selby... the safety battles.

Problem is when there's too much of that, he gets bored and frustrated.

Its not as extreme as it is with Murphy obviously but ROS needs to keep winning in one visit as well. Hes capable of winning scrappy frames against Selby. Far more than Murphy at least but as you say.

Too many of them and ROS wont handle it.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Typical Shaun Murphy. If it's not in one visit, he can't win it. How predictable.:zzz:

Pink Ball summed Murphy up absolutely perfectly.

it's not just Murphy of course. Walden and Fu also don't have a B game, when they play bad, they play amateur stuff at times.

Postby Cheshire Cat

That shot disgusts me. Murphy plays the aggressive safety and thinks so much about getting the reds open if he gets in, that he goes and leaves the white on the balk line.

Everything there for Selby now.

Postby Andre147

Hopefully Ronnie won't spoil (at least for me) the dream Final now.

Can't really see Fu beating him especially because even Marco in his presser said he couldn't believe he's into the semis given he hasn't played well all tournament.

Of course he can suddenly play out of skin today, after all he has a good h2h record against him, but I can't see him beating Ronnie over 11 frames.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I would expect Selby to destroy Fu if he makes the final. I expect ROS to prevail tonight, unless Fu plays inspired snooker.

Much like Murphy, Fu hasn't played well at all during the entire event. Jones really let him off last night; he couldn't pot a ball towards the end of that match and his early lead was more to do with Fu being absolutely terrible, rather than Jamie playing well.