Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Semi-Finals !!!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

TheRocket wrote:Joe Johnson: "Lost the cue ball a little bit. He wanted to be top or bottom side for the black....
But he's ok, he can play an easy cannon".

"He's wrong side of the black...
But he's ok, he can use the cushion"

Surprised you can make out what he says with him breathing down the microphone like Darth Vader.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:looks like a copy of the ROS-MJW match yesterday. ROS playing some great shots but missing many at the same time. As long as he wins this today and peaks for tomorrow, everything will be fine though.

peak Ronnie will be required tomorrow for sure.

no more playing rubbish finals, otherwise it's another :wave: Final for him.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Ronnie playing like granite tonight. Playing the percentages something serious.

Hendry sounds so baffled.

Ronnie has a safety game that Hendry would never dream of having in his life... not that he needed it early in his career, but still...

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Cheshire Cat wrote:Andre, you got your wish. Ronnie isn't playing great, so by your theory, if he gets to the final, he should play brilliantly. xD

Yeah, I mentioned that point as well after Ronnie lost the last couple of finals after playing superbly in the semis. Some of Ronnie's greatest final wins came after a poor semi final performance actually.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Hendry is such a snide tool. I've noticed he almost enjoys being critical of Ronnie and Selby, especially Selby. He gives him a seriously tough time when he comms on his matches.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Andre, you got your wish. Ronnie isn't playing great, so by your theory, if he gets to the final, he should play brilliantly. xD

Hopefully!

He has a 79% pot sucess here, Fu on 94%, yet Ronnie leads 3-1 <laugh>

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Ronnie getting in early practice for the sort of exchanges he will be involved in tommorow.

Unfortunately yeah, he will be involved in a hell of a lot of those tomorrow. He won't lose this Semi no way.

Postby Andre147

Snooker Overdrive wrote:

Yeah, I mentioned that point as well after Ronnie lost the last couple of finals after playing superbly in the semis. Some of Ronnie's greatest final wins came after a poor semi final performance actually.

I rmember fondly the Masters 2007... he had a rubbish performance in the Semis, beat Mags 6-4, then played some of the best Snooker he's ever played in the Final against Ding.

Postby Johnny Bravo

I don't understand the way Ronnie played in the end of the last frame, when there were only 3 balls left and Marco needed 2 snookers. Why not roll the blue softly towards a pocket. It doesn't matter if he leaves it on. After Fu pots the blue, even if he gets the snooker he needs on the pink and Ronnie misses, he still needs another one.

Postby Andre147

I would love if Ronnie gave Selby another good hiding tomorrow, but somehow I don't think that will happen, even if he plays better than his last Finals.

My guess is if Ronnie wins this title it will be like the Masters 2009 when he beat him 10-8.