Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Quarter Finals !!!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Would be interesting to see what would happen if Higgins lost. All it took was one defeat by Bingham at the Masters last year (EDIT: meant earlier this year), and it destroyed his form and momentum that he'd built up earlier in the season.

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Would be interesting to see what would happen if Higgins lost. All it took was one defeat by Bingham at the Masters last year (EDIT: meant earlier this year), and it destroyed his form and momentum that he'd built up earlier in the season.

i'll say more: Higgins last year came here full of confidence having won the IC, but Robbo beat in the Quarters 6-5 when Higgins played one of his worst decider ever!

Here he also comes full of confidence, and again reaches the Quarters...

Postby Andre147

This is the Selby that won the Masters in 2010... heavy scorer, making the most of his chances.

Him and Ronnie have played the best by far of this tournament. Could meet again in the Final, and then they would have contested all 3 Triple Crown Finals, something even Higgins hasn't done against ROS.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:This is the Selby that won the Masters in 2010... heavy scorer, making the most of his chances.

Him and Ronnie have played the best by far of this tournament. Could meet again in the Final, and then they would have contested all 3 Triple Crown Finals, something even Higgins hasn't done against ROS.

Has this ever happened. Two players contesting all 3 Triple Crown finals???

Postby Cheshire Cat

TheRocket wrote:If Selby wins his second UK, he should be regarded as an All-time great as a multiple Triple Crown winner.

He is undoubtedly the best of his generation, and I consider him a 'great' of this era, but I wouldn't say 'all-time great' just yet.

He needs a fair few more ranking titles to get there. If you wanted to be critical, you could say that only 9 is a poor conversion rate for someone of his talent.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:This is the Selby that won the Masters in 2010... heavy scorer, making the most of his chances.

Not sure. I'll have to find out, but by my reckoning it would be the first time.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:

Not sure. I'll have to find out, but by my reckoning it would be the first time.

It did happen. Just checked it. Steve Davis vs Terry Griffiths. And Steve of course destroyed him in all three matches. rofl

Postby Andre147

Just seen that it would indeed be the first time ever 2 players contested all 3 TC Finals.

A bit of important history could be made then this week, but first Ronnie and Selby have to reach Sunday's Final.

EDIT: Didnt fnd that one TR, good call. :hatoff:

Griffiths getting destroyed lol

Postby Cheshire Cat

'You know what happens when Shaun Murphy gets a few frames in front'

Yeah, his long game dies and he becomes a bang average player. That World final against Bingham, and the Grand Prix final. :irk: