Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Quarter Finals !!!!

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Selby's doing what Allen did yesterday atm. Outplaying Higgins, has everything under his control but just cant finish it off.

the worst thing you can do when you have him under the cosh.

Same with Selby for that matter, when you are outplaying him, you can't afford to take your foot off the pedal.

Postby TheRocket

Should have played the pink with heavy topspin. Cue ball would have travelled over three cushions towards the yellow. Had huge margin of error with the yellow being close to the pocket and with the brown and green being not on their spots.

Postby QSM

Cloud Strife wrote:
QSM wrote:This is why Luca will never be a top-player. He can be so so bad on occasions.
He will never get in the top-16, mark my words. And I had such high hopes for him a couple of years ago. :sad:

Destined to be a journeyman unless something changes drastically in the mental department.

Yep, the new Mark Davis, oh joy.

I'm not sure if Chris Henry still works with him but the boy needs some proper coaching, technique, cue ball control, safety, mentally. In a way he's already done well to get as high as nr. 26 as limited as he is.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Should have played the pink with heavy topspin. Cue ball would have travelled over three cushions towards the yellow. Had huge margin of error with the yellow being close to the pocket and with the brown and green being not on their spots.

I agree TR, screwing the ball back was never a solution as the middle pocket was dead on for thr white to go in off.

Now looking like 3-3

Selby missing that red for 4-0 up was the huge turning point, last frame too.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:you get the feeling, the snookergods want Higgins to win this.

Selby might win this match, but still should have never let Higgins get into this position.

All because he played that red too casually in the 4th frame..

Postby TheRocket

I think, Selby is tasting his own medicine here. Usually he's the guy whos outsmarting an opponent, whos scoring and looking like the better player.

But this time he's playing a man and probably the only man in the Snookerworld whos even better in doing what Selby usually does.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:I think, Selby is tasting his own medicine here. Usually he's the guy whos outsmarting an opponent, whos scoring and looking like the better player.

But this time he's playing a man and probably the only man in the Snookerworld whos even better in doing what Selby usually does.

I'd say Selby is just like Higgins, just a level or two bellow him.