Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Quarter Finals !!!!

Postby Andre147

davisfan wrote:Not buying all the "Williams will be inspired" talk. This is going to be an ass whuppin. Ronners 6-2 at worst.

I hate that MC. Such a plonker.

If that's the case then all the better :-D

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:I'd love it Williams wins.

Sadly, he won't.

My only worry with that is that it means the strong possibility of a one-sided final. I really don't fancy Fu, Jones or MJW, especially not against Selby.

Maybe Fu could give it a good go, but even then.
Last edited by Cheshire Cat on 02 Dec 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Cheshire Cat wrote:

Sadly, he won't.

My only worry with that is that it means the strong possibility of a one-sided final. I really don't fancy Fu, Jones or MJW, especially not against Selby.

I'm not sure about Fu, tbh. We all saw what happened at the WC. Another similar encounter isn't exactly have people salivating and foaming at the mouth.

Postby TheRocket

No one should twist the reality.

ROS is the only left who is capable of beating Selby in the final and in a bo19 match. Jones would be cannon fodder, that would be like the Selby Wilson final in the China Open. And Fu, at his best he might push Selby until the latter stages of the match but you just know, Selby will win it in the end. Like in the WC. And we know how rubbish Fu can be at times.

And MJW is obviously a man who passed his prime and not have the game anymore to beat those guys over the longer distance.

In fact, Jones,Fu,MJW would not beat Murphy either in the final. If Ronnie loses in the quarters or semis, the winner of Murphy/Selby will win the title for sure.

Postby Iranu

Mark's game has seemed vulnerable all week to me. He only got through to this match because of his opponent's ridiculous shot selection. I hope if he does win this match he can sustain some form, I'd hate to see him just limp out in the next round.

Postby Scooper

Cloud Strife wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

Sadly, he won't.

I'm not sure about Fu, tbh. We all saw what happened at the WC. Another similar encounter isn't exactly have people salivating and foaming at the mouth.

It might be an interesting one if Virgo / Thorne are commentating.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Reminds me a lot of that key frame that probably cost ROS the match against Hawkins at the Worlds. Tried to be clever by playing a cannon he didn't need to play, got it wrong and Hawkins cleared. He trailed ever since.

Postby Andre147

Ronnie not playing all that well. Knocks in some good long pots, but misses a few easier ones.

1-1 it is.

Ronnie being tested here would be allright. I'm certainly not confident if ROS reaches the Final without even one single test.