Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Last 16 !!!!

Postby PoolBoy

I got a few surprises myself, hendry-fan, when looking-up those ages!

Zhang Anda seems to have been around the snooker scene for ages, yet is only 24! I tended to feel he was maybe around the same age as Ding and Liang Wenbo (both 29).

I'd not really thought about Mark Allen's age - but assumed he was in the same 'bracket' as Selby, Murphy and Maguire - but he's a little younger.

Interesting that Matthew Stevens is now 39 and on the brink of the generally accepted 'senior' snooker age of 40!

Postby hendry_fan

PoolBoy wrote:I got a few surprises myself, hendry-fan, when looking-up those ages!

Zhang Anda seems to have been around the snooker scene for ages, yet is only 24! I tended to feel he was maybe around the same age as Ding and Liang Wenbo (both 29).

I'd not really thought about Mark Allen's age - but assumed he was in the same 'bracket' as Selby, Murphy and Maguire - but he's a little younger.

Interesting that Matthew Stevens is now 39 and on the brink of the generally accepted 'senior' snooker age of 40!

It seems that Allens been around for ages too. <laugh>

Suavi shirt Dennis Taylors got on today btw. :-D

Postby Cheshire Cat

That's actually an interesting analysis from Ebdon. Better than that Davis-Doherty-Murphy thing the beeb did last season.

I agree with him. Ronnie will never play better, over an entire 2 weeks, than he did during the 2012 Worlds.

Postby Andre147

Can't watch most of the match, so... good luck Ronnie! :-D I wouldnt' mind him having a closer match, 6-3 or 6-4.

As for the other match, hope Yuelong wins.

Postby hendry_fan

sundaygirl wrote:Why can't 1 o'clock matches actually start at 1 o'clock?

Wowwww!,sundaygirls come out of her hibernation,GJ still has,nt though. ;-) :-D

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:That's actually an interesting analysis from Ebdon. Better than that Davis-Doherty-Murphy thing the beeb did last season.

I agree with him. Ronnie will never play better, over an entire 2 weeks, than he did during the 2012 Worlds.

:bowdown:

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:That's actually an interesting analysis from Ebdon. Better than that Davis-Doherty-Murphy thing the beeb did last season.

Is Ebdon back? I like his analysis.

I got Eurosport on, for a bit of variety. And to miss the usual BBC wankery.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:

Is Ebdon back? I like his analysis.

I got Eurosport on, for a bit of variety. And to miss the usual BBC wankery.

I like him too. Unfortunately, they stuck him in with Parrott and Murphy.

Postby snucar

Cheshire Cat wrote:Stevens. Love him as a player.:bowdown:

Well said, mate. Glad to see there's a few of us that do appreciate Matthew even now that he isn't at his best. Fantastic player at his prime and a nice lad.

Postby SnookerFan

SnookerFan wrote:
sundaygirl wrote:Why can't 1 o'clock matches actually start at 1 o'clock?

The BBC think you'd rather hear from Murphy for 15 minutes. :|

Saying that, I am watching the Murphy match.

Just spotted the irony. rofl

Postby fridge46

Stupid Question:

Stevens just potted the white, Ronnie placed the ball in the D then missed hitting the pack.

If Stevens told him to play again, would Ronnie have to put the white ball in the same position he initially chose, or is he still allowed to move it any where in the D?