Post a reply

Betway United Kingdom Championship Last 16 !!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Tuesday 22nd of November ~ Sunday 4th of December at the York, Barbican

Last 16 sees a mixture of the old guard like the class of 92 Mark Williams, John Higgins and Ronnie O'Sullivan then the Next Generation of Shaun Murphy, Stephen Maguire and Mark Selby taking on young guns Luca Brecel, Oliver Lines and Zhou Yuelong in what promises to be an exciting climax to the tournament.

Who will reach the Quarter Finals and stay on track for the Title?

DRAW

Last 16

Liam Highfield v Mark J Williams Williams leads 2-1
Matthew Stevens v Ronnie O'Sullivan O'Sullivan leads 15-5
Jamie Jones v David Gilbert Never played before
Marco Fu v Oliver Lines Never played before
--------------------------------------------
Luca Brecel v Stephen Maguire Maguire leads 3-0
Zhou Yuelong v Shaun Murphy Tied at 1-1
John Higgins v Mark allen Tied at 8-8
Zhang Anda v Mark Selby Selby leads 3-0

ORDER OF PLAY

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Last 16 !!!!

Postby Andre147

Doubt Ronnie will lose, but on a bad day anything can happen. I want both him and MJW to go through and set up another showdown. Their last 2 matches ended both 6-5, 1 win each.

Postby Andre147

Wildey wrote:
Alex0paul wrote:Top half is a joke

in what respect.

Forget him. If his beloved Dotty were there he certainly wouldn't say it's a joke. All the players are there for a reason and they deserve it on merit.

The bottom half has more players higher up the rankings, but that doesn't mean a thing out there in the green baize. You have to beat whoever is in front of you.

Postby hendry_fan

WOWWWW!,7 young guns have made it through to the last 16 of a ranking tourney,not only that,but it,s the UK CHAMPIONSHIP!,Wildey must be chuffed to bits. ;-) :-D

Postby Cloud Strife

DAY 7 TABLE - 112/127

283 OoNebsoO 83/17
278 Cloud Strife 80/19
268 eraserhead 78/17
267 king.kauto 79/15
261 TheCleaver 77/15
250 kolompar 74/13
245 Aris147 73/12
245 sundaygirl 71/16
234 Andre147 73/9
231 PLtheRef 71/9
196 Wildey 58/11
178 SnookerFan 54/8
85 Oasis147 25/5

Postby Cheshire Cat

We're almost at the stage last year when Hendry started throwing hissy fits and tantrums, and wouldn't shut his yap about the second half being the 'real final' before the final. That Robbo v Selby semi. :irk:

I would like Zhou to send Murphy packing, hopefully Fu goes as well. Neither of them have been good at all and Fu still doesn't know what consistency is.

Postby OoNebsoO

Anyone knows what matches are "main"? I mean, between the two, which one will Eurosport cover?

I'm assuming O'Sullivan, Selby, Higgins, and Williams? Fine with that, but would love if the last one is actually Brecel - Maguire match.

Postby PoolBoy

hendry_fan wrote:WOWWWW!,7 young guns have made it through to the last 16 of a ranking tourney,not only that,but it,s the UK CHAMPIONSHIP!,Wildey must be chuffed to bits. ;-) :-D

Not sure about 7 'young guns'...but, depends on one's interpretation of 'young' in a snooker sense!

Some might consider Jamie Jones as a young player, but he's a full decade older than Zhou Yuelong.

Ronnie turns 41 on Saturday while Liam Highfield plays tomorrow on his 26th birthday.

Zhou Yuelong 18
Oliver Lines 21
Luca Brecel 21
Zhang Anda 24
Liam Highfield 26
Jamie Jones 28
Mark Allen 30
Mark Selby 33
Shaun Murphy 34
David Gilbert 35
Stephen Maguire 35
Marco Fu 38
Matthew Stevens 39
Ronnie O'Sullivan 40
Mark Williams 41
John Higgins 41

Postby Dan-cat

PoolBoy wrote:
hendry_fan wrote:WOWWWW!,7 young guns have made it through to the last 16 of a ranking tourney,not only that,but it,s the UK CHAMPIONSHIP!,Wildey must be chuffed to bits. ;-) :-D

Not sure about 7 'young guns'...but, depends on one's interpretation of 'young' in a snooker sense!

Some might consider Jamie Jones as a young player, but he's a full decade older than Zhou Yuelong.

Ronnie turns 41 on Saturday while Liam Highfield plays tomorrow on his 26th birthday.

Zhou Yuelong 18
Oliver Lines 21
Luca Brecel 21
Zhang Anda 24
Liam Highfield 26
Jamie Jones 28
Mark Allen 30
Mark Selby 33
Shaun Murphy 34
David Gilbert 35
Stephen Maguire 35
Marco Fu 38
Matthew Stevens 39
Ronnie O'Sullivan 40
Mark Williams 41
John Higgins 41

Poolboy with the killer stats.

:hatoff:

Postby sundaygirl

PostBY SUNDAYGIRL » YESTERDAY, 10:03 PM

ROUND 4 - BEST OF 11 - DEADLINE 1PM WEDNESDAY 30TH NOVEMBER
6-4 Matthew Stevens vs Ronnie O'Sullivan
6-4 Zhou Yuelong vs Shaun Murphy

May have been slightly drunk when I posted this :emb:
Have decided to stick with it :-D

Postby Dan-cat

sundaygirl wrote:PostBY SUNDAYGIRL » YESTERDAY, 10:03 PM

ROUND 4 - BEST OF 11 - DEADLINE 1PM WEDNESDAY 30TH NOVEMBER
6-4 Matthew Stevens vs Ronnie O'Sullivan
6-4 Zhou Yuelong vs Shaun Murphy

May have been slightly drunk when I posted this :emb:
Have decided to stick with it :-D

It's good to have faith in your man. Haven't seen him yet this week, he must be playing well though. Good for him. Always liked him and anyone who can get to two Crucible finals is top class.

Postby hendry_fan

PoolBoy wrote:

Zhou Yuelong 18
Oliver Lines 21
Luca Brecel 21
Zhang Anda 24
Liam Highfield 26
Jamie Jones 28
Mark Allen 30
Mark Selby 33
Shaun Murphy 34
David Gilbert 35
Stephen Maguire 35
Marco Fu 38
Matthew Stevens 39
Ronnie O'Sullivan 40
Mark Williams 41
John Higgins 41

"Not sure about 7 'young guns'...but, depends on one's interpretation of 'young' in a snooker sense!".

Absolutely PoolBoy.

For me personaly,a young gun is a snooker player who,s 30 years young or younger.

Even though without lookin it up,or 100% knowin it,i really did,nt think that Mark Allen was so young,he,s only <just> still a young gun though. :-D

And i did,nt think that Dave Gilbert was so old. <laugh>