Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdom Championship Last 16 !!!!

Postby snucar

MJW has all my sympathy, it's really tough out there playing a guy like that and having the German ref. The only thing missing is a black cat intruder and a broken mirror.

Postby Iranu

SavoMilosevic wrote:MJW often plays terrible when he's in the position of the big favourite. Remember that Woollaston semi at the Welsh after some great wins?

MJW's game also goes AWOL when conditions are bad, moreso than any other player I've seen.

Postby Andre147

SavoMilosevic wrote:MJW often plays terrible when he's in the position of the big favourite. Remember that Woollaston semi at the Welsh after some great wins?

Beat Trump the round before didnt he?Playing some of his best stuff in years.

AGainst Ronnie he will inspire him to play well.

Postby SavoMilosevic

Iranu wrote:

MJW's game also goes AWOL when conditions are bad, moreso than any other player I've seen.

Because he doesn't punch the ball the way Ronnie or Murphy do and loves to just roll them in. But why are the conditions so bad?

Postby Cheshire Cat

Andre147 wrote:

Beat Trump the round before didnt he?Playing some of his best stuff in years.

AGainst Ronnie he will inspire him to play well.

If he's tired he might not. See it time and time again where players are on a low after a late night match.

MJW himself was absolutely knackered after his win over Higgins in the 2000 World Champs semi. He played terrible against Stevens in the first two sessions of the final.

Postby Iranu

SavoMilosevic wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Because he doesn't punch the ball the way Ronnie or Murphy do and loves to just roll them in. But why are the conditions so bad?

Thorne said the engineer was having trouble with the table heater.

Postby Wildey

Johnny Bravo wrote:And God has given him another chance.
This game is so poor, it looks like amateur league

But exciting.

Snooker doesent need to be excellent to be exciting

Postby Iranu

Andre147 wrote:MJW v Ronnie.

Wuldnt surprise me much if MJW played out of his skin tomorrow. Their last 2 matches ended 6-5.

The good thing about an MJW vs Ronnie match is that I'm always happy to see MJW win, which offsets the disappointment of Ronnie losing a little.

Williams very lucky tonight that his opponent played with no self-restraint.

Postby TheRocket

Im still sure we'll see a completely different MJW tomorrow. Whether that will be enough to really compete or push Ronnie. I dont know but I dont think it will be that easy for Ronnie as many are expecting.

Postby Johnny Bravo

Iranu wrote:
Andre147 wrote:MJW v Ronnie.

Wuldnt surprise me much if MJW played out of his skin tomorrow. Their last 2 matches ended 6-5.

The good thing about an MJW vs Ronnie match is that I'm always happy to see MJW win, which offsets the disappointment of Ronnie losing a little.

Williams very lucky tonight that his opponent played with no self-restraint.

Highfield must have bumped his head and thought he was GOD the way he was going for every single shot.
I like attacking players, but he was stretching it too much imo.
As 4 the kick he got in the 10th frame, if he had punched the ball instead of rolling it in, it wouldn't have happened.

Postby Rockettim147

TheRocket wrote:Im still sure we'll see a completely different MJW tomorrow. Whether that will be enough to really compete or push Ronnie. I dont know but I dont think it will be that easy for Ronnie as many are expecting.

I agree. Don't get me wrong I want Ronnie to give him a snooker lesson, but it will be close. Hopefully Ronnie wins by some distance. Wins a wins