Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdon Championship Last 32 !!!!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

I remember Jamie Jones flying high during the 2012 Worlds. IIRC, he was the leading century-maker during that tournament whilst he was in it, ahead of even ROS at one point, until finally he got knocked out by Ali Carter.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:I remember Jamie Jones flying high during the 2012 Worlds. IIRC, he was the leading century-maker during that tournament whilst he was in it, ahead of even ROS at one point, until finally he got knocked out by Ali Carter.

He was staying in the same hotel as me in Sheffield.

Postby Andre147

Nevertheless, and even with Day chocking, Allen always has been a figher, never gives up, and he's battling hard, the first frame after the MSI was great from him. In the remaining frames Day should have punished him really.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:Allen will win 6-4.

I remember Robbo being 4-0 at this tournament against Selby and lost the match 6-4... Selby also suffered the same against Ollie Lines at the IC qualifiers.

Postby Cloud Strife

TheRocket wrote:I know Day has always been a choker but this one is really a brutal choke. Even for his standards.
It's just embarrassing.

Absolutely embarrassing. I mean you could see how much he was feeling it even at 4-1 up. This is one of those chokes that you can see coming from a mile away.

Postby Andre147

Wild will probably come out saying this wasn't a choke and we always say it's a choke everytime a player loses a big advantage... :zzz:

But this really is one, he's feeling it and bottling it hard.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:Selby will have a practice session in his next match before possibly meeting Higgins in the quarters.

Selby always struggles against Allen so I wouldnt call it a practice session, not if Allen plays well. Allen is one of the few players who knows how to handle Selby's tactics and has won lots of deciders against him.

EDIT: sory it's Hggins who faces the winner of this match :emb: