Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdon Championship Last 64 !!!!!

Postby Andre147

Higgins was 63-50 up, needing only pink, but overcut it streching and Noppon forced the respot.

Higgins then instead of the usual side to side cushion shot, attempted to double the black into yellow pocket, missed it and Noppon potted the black.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:Higgins was 63-50 up, needing only pink, but overcut it streching and Noppon forced the respot.

Higgins then instead of the usual side to side cushion shot, attempted to double the black into yellow pocket, missed it and Noppon potted the black.

Did not expect that. He must have been annoyed at missing that pink. It wasn't that hard

Postby Cheshire Cat

Selby has missed so many shots today, and his long potting has been terrible.

His opponent hasn't played much better, which explains the (looking like) 4-4 scoreline.

Postby Andre147

Higgins wins 6-4, but could have easily went to a decider there where anything can happen...

Didn't play well at all, but he like Selby manages to win those sort of matches.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:Selby to bring it home now, in my opinion.

Agreed. Selby's cue ball control and positional play is just infinitely better than Wells', it'll probably win him this match.

Postby Cheshire Cat

snucar wrote:Wells must be one of the most naive players I've ever seen.

I think he's been wrong side of the blue / not on the blue at all more than he's been on it in this match. No one to blame but himself if he loses.

Postby snucar

Cheshire Cat wrote:
snucar wrote:Wells must be one of the most naive players I've ever seen.

I think he's been wrong side of the blue / not on the blue at all more than he's been on it in this match. No one to blame but himself if he loses.

Exactly. And that long red attempt opening 3 pretty safe reds for Selby was completely out of line.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Those stats are like a kick in the teeth to Wells. To only manage a top break of 40-odd, and to not be able to beat a player who only had 84% pot success is quite something.