Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdon Championship Last 64 !!!!!

Postby PLtheRef

Andre147 wrote:
PLtheRef wrote:
Holden Chinaski wrote:If Ronnie keeps playing and stays hungry for titles he can break all the records. Eight world titles is possible in my opinion. But he's got to really want it and work hard...

The problem is that when O'Sullivan wins a match on TV eight world titles is a a possibility, when he loses its a step too far.

Let's be honest and no disrespect to both of his opponents so far but he should be beating them with a huge degree of comfort. Would we be saying he was doing well had he got through 6-4 for example.

I agree.

8 would have been a possibility had he won in 2014, certainly not now.

don't care, if he wins a 6th that would be lovely. if not, he doesn't have anything else to prove.

Definitely. For the most part it always seemed that Hendry's record would prove relatively safe. It was only O'Sullivan regaining the title in 2012 and then going on to defend it in 2013 which meant that Hendry's record suddenly came into view.

I've always said that after that defeat to Selby in 2014 - particularly when he had good positions at 8-3 and 10-5 in front that he would finish his career on five world titles. With defeats both to Bingham and Hawkins - players who produced fantastic performances to defeat him that route to eight world titles is very narrow

Postby Holden Chinaski

If Ronnie really gets in the zone he can easily win a couple of world titles like it's nothing. He proved that in 2012 and 2013. He can do it again.

In 2013 most people did not believe Ronnie would win another title. I said so from day one of the world championship there was a good chance.

He's still the best player out there. If he puts the time in he can do it. I'm just not sure he still has it in him to keep going a few more years and work hard.. But it's possible. Anything is possible with Ronnie. He might retire tomorrow, he might play another 10 years..

Postby SnookerFan

Holden Chinaski wrote:If Ronnie really gets in the zone he can easily win a couple of world titles like it's nothing. He proved that in 2012 and 2013. He can do it again.

In 2013 most people did not believe Ronnie would win another title. I said so from day one of the world championship there was a good chance.

He's still the best player out there. If he puts the time in he can do it. I'm just not sure he still has it in him to keep going a few more years and work hard.. But it's possible. Anything is possible with Ronnie. He might retire tomorrow, he might play another 10 years..

Most people? You mean MDG?

Postby PLtheRef

Holden Chinaski wrote:If Ronnie really gets in the zone he can easily win a couple of world titles like it's nothing. He proved that in 2012 and 2013. He can do it again.

I remember that. Some soul on here (who shall remain nameless :innocent: ) even said it was wrong for Ronnie to come back for the World Championship, get beaten on opening Saturday and then spend the next 16 days watching from the sidelines all for a headline for the snooker.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Wenbo OUT! :shock:

To whom?

Yan Bingtao. The Chinese teenager that won the World Cup with Zhou Yuelong. Both of them are really making waves on the tour.

Postby PLtheRef

Must say that third quarter is really now opening up. If Dale or Hull knock out Murphy then it genuinely could be any of the players who goes on to take the spot in the Semi-Finals