Post a reply

Re: Betway United Kingdon Championship Last 64 !!!!!

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Surely when there's only one red and Judd just missed it by a hair it shouldn't be called a miss.

It should because a player of his quality hitting that red is relatively easy, plus he was playing it at pace hoping to somehow fluke it or get it safe. Those always have to be called misses.

Postby TheRocket

When I saw Trump in the 2011 World Championship I really thought the guy has the class to reach the heights of the all time greats. Ronnie was obviously the one, he was compared with because of the way he was playing. The speed, the potting, the breakbuilding.

But boy, 5 years later and the guy has just won one TC title and that was 5 years ago. He hasn't reached the World final again and hasn't done anything in the Masters.
Last edited by TheRocket on 27 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:When I saw Trump in the 2011 World Championship I really thought the guy has the class to reach the heights of the all time greats. Ronnie was obviously the one, he was compared with because of the way he was playing. The speed, the potting, the breakbuilding.

But boy, 5 years later and the guy has just won one TC title and that was 5 years ago. He hasn't reached the World final again and didn't do anything in the Masters.

His TC record since 2011 is just awful... ok was 1 frame away from winning it in 2014, but still he lost, and thats all that matters... he should have been on at the very least 3 or 4 TC events won by now.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Time for Judd to pot everything now he's 3-0 down. :wave:

He's said in recent times he's learning how to be like Selby in the safety department, but he's also learning how to come from behind in matches...

Mind you, he started doing this in a certain UK Final... :john:

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:
TheRocket wrote:When I saw Trump in the 2011 World Championship I really thought the guy has the class to reach the heights of the all time greats. Ronnie was obviously the one, he was compared with because of the way he was playing. The speed, the potting, the breakbuilding.

But boy, 5 years later and the guy has just won one TC title and that was 5 years ago. He hasn't reached the World final again and didn't do anything in the Masters.

His TC record since 2011 is just awful... ok was 1 frame away from winning it in 2014, but still he lost, and thats all that matters... he should have been on at the very least 3 or 4 TC events won by now.

It's just his overall situation. Starting at such a high in 2011 and basicially just ending as an average Top 16 player. No one will probably ever dominate Snooker again like Hendry and Davis did but you still expect a lot more from Trump. He's in his prime now and should be the leading figure in Snooker, winning TC titles regularly. Season after season.

Postby Cheshire Cat

TheRocket wrote:It's just his overall situation. Starting at such a high in 2011 and basicially just ending as an average Top 16 player. No one will probably ever dominate Snooker again like Hendry and Davis did but you still expect a lot more from Trump. He's in his prime now and should be the leading figure in Snooker, winning TC titles regularly. Season after season.

He's missed a fair few golden opportunities:

in 2012 against Ali Carter at the Worlds. Trump led 9-7 and got wound up by Carter's match play, losing that match 13-12.

in 2013 against ROS in the World semi final. Ronnie wasn't great compared with how he played against Bingham in the QF match, but Judd got schooled in cue-ball control.

2015 Worlds too you could argue, but I personally think Bingham played brilliantly in that SF against Trump so it's not as bad of a loss.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:

He's said in recent times he's learning how to be like Selby in the safety department, but he's also learning how to come from behind in matches...

I hated that match so much I was almost sick when it went to 9-9.

Right person won in the end though. <cool>

Postby snucar

But boy, 5 years later and the guy has just won one TC title and that was 5 years ago. He hasn't reached the World final again and hasn't done anything in the Masters.

Funny to hear these things, from a Ronnie fan especially. Let me remind you that it took Ronnie 8 bucking years to reach his 1st WC final and 4 years to win his 2nd UK title. I don't think Judd is far behind Ronnie's numbers.

Postby TheRocket

snucar wrote:

Funny to hear these things from a Ronnie fan, especially. Let me remind you that it took Ronnie 8 bucking years to reach his 1st WC final and 4 years to win his 2nd UK title. I don't think Judd is far behind Ronnie's numbers.

The fact he needed 8 bucking years to reach his first world final doesn't change anything about the fact that Trump might not even win half of that what Ronnie's won in his career.
Last edited by TheRocket on 27 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

I hated that match so much I was almost sick when it went to 9-9.

Right person won in the end though. <cool>

I couldn't watch it almost on TV anymore... I was getting ready to smash something in my house, how sick and furious I was, especially how he lost the 18th frame on the black..

Luckily Ron played a superb safety that in the end won him the decider, and how relieved I was :-D :-D :-D

Postby snucar

TheRocket wrote:
snucar wrote:

Funny to hear these things from a Ronnie fan, especially. Let me remind you that it took Ronnie 8 bucking years to reach his 1st WC final and 4 years to win his 2nd UK title. I don't think Judd is far behind Ronnie's numbers.

The fact he needed 8 bucking years to reach his first world final doesn't change anything about the fact that Trump might not even win half of that Ronnie won in his career.

Might and fact don't go along together. The only FACT we can talk about this moment is that Ronnie had his fair share of underachieving, exactly like Judd has. Let the future decide what will be of Trump.
Last edited by snucar on 27 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.