Post a reply

Peter Lines would prefer Ronnie to Robbo

Postby SnookerFan

Have you seen this article?

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/149136 ... mpionship/

What do you make of this assessment? Robertson's form has pretty poor for ages. If Peter fancies his chances against somebody who has made two ranking event finals this season, I'd have thought he'd also fancy his chances against Robertson.

Or is this just a marketing thing, where they feel they have to bring Ronnie's name into everything?

Re: Peter Lines would prefer Ronnie to Robbo

Postby Cheshire Cat

Implying that he stands much of a chance against either of them. No offence to him, but an out-of-sorts Ronnie would still likely do the job on him.

I think it's like you say SF, mentioning Ronnie's name will get you a headline. More a case of Lines wanting a brief moment in the spotlight I reckon.

Postby TheSaviour

And the weather here is absolutely perfect. At the moment. Just followings these tournaments to get the days go by. It´s not perfect. But I have done some even dumber things ( :party: :party: ) in order just to get the days go by. Trying not to do that anymore.

Postby Dan-cat

TheSaviour wrote:And the weather here is absolutely perfect. At the moment. Just followings these tournaments to get the days go by. It´s not perfect. But I have done some even dumber things ( :party: :party: ) in order just to get the days go by. Trying not to do that anymore.

Good luck snooker brother :)

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Implying that he stands much of a chance against either of them. No offence to him, but an out-of-sorts Ronnie would still likely do the job on him.

I think it's like you say SF, mentioning Ronnie's name will get you a headline. More a case of Lines wanting a brief moment in the spotlight I reckon.

Robbo has been pretty poor on form the last year or so since winning this very same UK. Apart from winnng the Riga Masters, he's done virtually nothing ever since. So Lines should think twice because Robbo is the one who's there for the taking, whereas Ronnie could beat him in his format with one hand. He did beat him with a sore foot after all...