Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!!!!

Postby Iranu

masterdoctorgenius wrote:oh mannnnnnnnnnnnnn

4th chance and cant string a break

Dude, can't you see how difficult the table is?

The truth is it's much easier to be negative than positive..

Postby Cheshire Cat

Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Ronnie will enjoy this final much more than the ones against Trump recently. He is used to be pushed by Higgins, he knows him in and out, they are cut from the same cloth. Against Judd it's the battle of the generations with Ronnie getting older every time, against an fearless hungry aggressive opponent. That's more difficult th handle psychologically. Who agrees with me?

Ronnie fears Judd. In 2013 after ROS beat him in the World semis, he criticised him for trying to become a more percentage 'all round' player, which took the unpredictability and scare factor out of his game. Judd's strength is in his long potting, and potting balls from anywhere on the table, which he's now gone back to.

Higgins is a bit more of a percentage player, which makes him a tad more predictable. When you play safe, you can bet 9 times out of 10 he won't be potting balls from the balk cushion like Judd Trump would.

Postby Iranu

Cheshire Cat wrote:
Snooker Overdrive wrote:I think Ronnie will enjoy this final much more than the ones against Trump recently. He is used to be pushed by Higgins, he knows him in and out, they are cut from the same cloth. Against Judd it's the battle of the generations with Ronnie getting older every time, against an fearless hungry aggressive opponent. That's more difficult th handle psychologically. Who agrees with me?

Ronnie fears Judd. In 2013 after ROS beat him in the World semis, he criticised him for trying to become a more percentage 'all round' player, which took the unpredictability and scare factor out of his game. Judd's strength is in his long potting, and potting balls from anywhere on the table, which he's now gone back to.

Higgins is a bit more of a percentage player, which makes him a tad more predictable. When you play safe, you can bet 9 times out of 10 he won't be potting balls from the balk cushion like Judd Trump would.

I don't think Higgins is that predictable, he's like Selby in that his long potting is decent, until he gets to the latter stages of a match/ put under intense pressure. Then his long potting kicks up a notch. It's incredible how they are able to do that.

I know what you mean about Judd though, but he's also more likely to leave easier chances.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Iranu wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:

I don't think Higgins is that predictable, he's like Selby in that his long potting is decent, until he gets to the latter stages of a match/ put under intense pressure. Then his long potting kicks up a notch. It's incredible how they are able to do that.

I know what you mean about Judd though, but he's also more likely to leave easier chances.

Yah, that's a better way to put it. I don't mean 'predictable' in a bad way, it's just that you can rest a little bit easier knowing that if you've got a real good safety, Higgins is more likely to play safe in return rather than pull out a screamer of a pot like Trump would.

Higgins is a fantastic safety player though, so like you rightly said, he's less likely to be leaving easy chances like Judd would.

Postby Andre147

TheRocket wrote:this should give Ronnie some confidence, not just the 88 break but also seeing the very strong looking Higgins missing a few chances in that frame.

indeed. Great match so far, living up to expectations. Only in the 4th frame did they miss a few, but that break was very well made from Ronnie. :hatoff:

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:87 % hahahahaha pot success ronnie

if he manages to stay level at 2-2 with that %, if he improves he's bound to start bossing the match a bit.

Postby Iranu

He's played a lot of low-percentage pots particularly in the 4th frame in fairness.

I always think that the match stats are kind of meaningless after only 4 frames anyway. A player could attempt one long pot, get it but miss position, and quite easily sit out the next four frames and be 0-4 with 100% pot success.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

He's played a lot of low-percentage pots particularly in the 4th frame in fairness.

I always think that the match stats are kind of meaningless after only 4 frames anyway. A player could attempt one long pot, get it but miss position, and quite easily sit out the next four frames and be 0-4 with 100% pot success.

Yeah, it's a bit like Sam Allardyce's 100% England record.