Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!!!!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

there are no big breaks till the masters. how will he improve? this loss will play in his mind. he wont just reset thos lose and restart again on monday. he even withdrews from the NIO.

final losses hurt regardless how many you won. and losing them can become a habit.

Higgins played better than ronnie no doubt. but ronnie played crap and some of the safties were garbage. he cant carry the momentum against top class opposition
next time he meets judd or higgins in THIS season he will lose to them cause they have the confidence and know that ronnie is vulnerable.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Anyone that has watched his interviews as of late knows he's absolutely hissed with himself for his choices since 2012. He's mentioned it a lot lately.

Almost the entire 2012-2013 season off, and so many tournaments missed since, he's in his twilight years and he knows it. Players are passing him by and he's being left behind, outside of one or two inspired performances.

Postby Iranu

masterdoctorgenius wrote:but ronnie played crap

No he bucking didn't! He won every frame except frame 9 with a 60+ and made the only century of the match!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Iranu wrote:

No he bucking didn't! He won every frame except frame 9 with a 60+ and made the only century of the match!

a 60plus is an indication that he played great?!?!?
higgins missed some sitters. ronnie missed some. and then he got the chance. and when the pressure was on where were his 60+ breaks.

Postby Sickpotter

Wildey wrote:I Dont think it was unsporting at all ...

He wanted to win last thing i would do stand there watching someone lift the trophy just snake hiss off out of there ASAP.

No one wants to stand there and watch their opponent lift a trophy but it's part of the game.

Frankly quite surprised you don't think it unsportsmanlike Wild, you're generally pretty critical of stuff like this :shrug:

Anyone know how many times it's happened? 2 from ROS but who else has done it?

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:

Crap is harsh but he has a point. He might have won every frame expect the ninth with a 60+ break but he also needed at least 2-3 chances to even get into this position to score and make these breaks. The moment Higgins didnt give him the easy openers anymore to let him in, it was over for ROS.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Crap is harsh but he has a point. He might have won every frame expect the ninth with a 60+ break but he also needed at least 2-3 chances to even get into this position to score and make these breaks. The moment Higgins didnt give him the easy openers anymore to let him in, it was over for ROS.

He didn't need 2-3 chances in every frame. The only thing he didn't do was create chances through long pots.

Higgins wasn't any better until the last 2 frames, where are all the posts saying he played rubbish?

And MDG, I didn't say he played great, I said he didn't play rubbish. It's not a binary system.

Postby Sickpotter

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Iranu wrote:

a 60plus is an indication that he played great?!?!?
higgins missed some sitters. ronnie missed some. and then he got the chance. and when the pressure was on where were his 60+ breaks.

Perhaps not by Ronnie's standards but against most players that standard wins matches.

John is probably the best there is at coming back from a 60+ deficit, he just doesn't have quit in him. :hatoff:

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:anyone that thinks Ronnie Played badly has no concept of Snooker at all.

Mate, you know very well that you can make 9 centuries in a bo19 but if you play 10 totally rubbish frames, missing everything you'll still lose 10:9.

Ronnie played his B-game at best, at times even C-game I'd say. It definitely wasnt the worst he ever played but still nowhere near the level he can play. But at the same time this is basicially the level hes playing these days in finals so I probably cant say that he played bad either.

In the end Higgins played better and deserved to win. Thats what counts. No excuses.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:anyone that thinks Ronnie Played badly has no concept of Snooker at all.

Mate, you know very well that you can make 9 centuries in a bo19 but if you play 10 totally rubbish frames, missing everything you'll still lose 10:9.

Ronnie played his B-game at best, at times even C-game I'd say. It definitely wasnt the worst he ever played but still nowhere near the level he can play. But at the same time this is basicially the level hes playing these days in finals so I probably cant say that he played bad either.

In the end Higgins played better and deserved to win. Thats what counts. No excuses.

But it was not Crap and some would even argue Higgins put him under pressure to make him miss or to second guess every shot.

its what snooker is all about "you only play as well as your aloud to play".....that was a direct quote from Steve Davis after Ray Reardon beat him 5-0 in 1988.

Postby TheRocket

Wildey wrote:But it was not Crap and some would even argue Higgins put him under pressure to make him miss or to second guess every shot.

its what snooker is all about "you only play as well as your aloud to play".....that was a direct quote from Steve Davis after Ray Reardon beat him 5-0 in 1988.

The key thing is that Ronnie has played at a relatively poor standard these last few finals , no matter whom he played and how good/bad his opponent have been.

Even against Hawkins in the Masters final 2016. Hawkins was just utter rubbish and Ronnie still missed so many sitters out there.

From Ronnies perspective of view these things are far more worrying than losing to Higgins cuz that can obviously happen at anytime. Even if he played very well. Cuz Higgins is that good.

Postby Cheshire Cat

BBC news reports on the CoC all week long but doesn't even give any coverage to the final? Not even the result of the final?

Disgraceful.

Postby Big-butt

Leaving the arena, with that 360 degree (I'm an arrogant fcuk, because I can attitude) pirouette movement, prior to the winner stepping up was typical.

Higgins played well, no doubt.

O'Sullivan has had far too many poor early exits lately to mediocre players, China particularly.

Is he in decline, or has the 'blink and you'll miss him' crap, finally caught up with him.....?

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:
Wildey wrote:But it was not Crap and some would even argue Higgins put him under pressure to make him miss or to second guess every shot.

The key thing is that Ronnie has played at a relatively poor standard these last few finals , no matter whom he played and how good/bad his opponent have been.

Even against Hawkins in the Masters final 2016. Hawkins was just utter rubbish and Ronnie still missed so many sitters out there.

From Ronnies perspective of view these things are far more worrying than losing to Higgins cuz that can obviously happen at anytime. Even if he played very well. Cuz Higgins is that good.

But it's not isolated to finals, it's just how he plays 60% of the time.

And it's the same as how he's played for 60% of his career.

The difference is, now he actually tries instead of giving up. So whereas it used to be "Ronnie wasn't interested" now we have to accept that he just didn't play well enough to win.

That's fine, as far as I'm concerned.

Postby Muppet147

Ronnie played quite well and would have beaten most of the players in the top 16, bar Higgins, Selby and Trump.

I hope he gets his game together and reaches more finals this season. He's not playing his A game at the moment but he's not doing that badly.

Postby Andre147

Muppet147 wrote:Ronnie played quite well and would have beaten most of the players in the top 16, bar Higgins, Selby and Trump.

I hope he gets his game together and reaches more finals this season. He's not playing his A game at the moment but he's not doing that badly.

well said mate!

He'll come good in a tournament again and go one better and win a title. <ok> Positive signs nonetheless.

Most players would be more than happy with 2 finals in little ovver than a month. I'm quite confident atm.

Postby ScottCorno

RE: Ronnie leaving the arena.

In his defense, there was as 5+ minute gap between the final frame ending, and the presentation ceremony even starting. No doubt to cater for adverts or something, but real odd... did the same last year.

Postby Sickpotter

masterdoctorgenius wrote:i will back higgins in every multi session match vs ronnie. ronnie is frightened of him when he plays a quite decent JH. too tight. too tensed. too nervous. since 2007 he has only won 3 matches vs him ( CL excluded). lost many heartbreakers. at least 3 deciders.

I don't believe Ronnie is scared of Higgins, just that he knows Higgins isn't scared of him....lot of mutual respect.

Look at the lack of tons in the final. Lot of 60+ breaks but only 1 ton. Why? I think it's because they both respect the others ability to clear if given half a chance. Against another player they might elect to play more aggressive shots (open balls at first chance, take on risky balls, etc.) to create the chance at a ton. Against a player who can clear up from almost any position (which both do) they keep it tight.

Postby TheRocket

Sickpotter is right. But as good as Higgins is, Ronnie gives him too much respect imo and makes him bigger than he actually is.

If you look at Ronnies wins over the likes of Selby and Higgins you'll clearly see that he had the most success when he played agressive and basicially treated Selby/Higgins just like any other opponent instead of avoiding risks or getting dragged into safety battles and that kind of stuff.

Hendry in his prime never gave a damn who he was playing. He would never change his game and always played the same. Thats how it should be.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:

Spot on.

Ronnie has lost two close finals this season, and was winning frames in one visit yesterday.

I don't understand this current obsession with insisting Ronnie can't play.

Postby Incident on 57th street 20

I did not see second session.

But what can be said is that mdg is the worst supporter that can exist.

Ronnie is not playing very well since the beginning of the season is obvious. So what.

The season is just beginning, it makes two finals playing really average. It really is not that bad.

Higgins, there is not even a month, had no results. Now I read that he is the best player in the world.

Except that it does not work that way.

In a season there are ups and downs.
In October the best player in the world was trump then. 2 finals, one title.

Last year ronnie had won on blow masters and open welsh and robertson Coc and uk. Then after we saw the results.

Higgins is the player of the month of November. that's all.

For me the best player in the world is selby. He is always there, he is the most regular.

Many already see higgins winning the world championship.

The Worlds are in April. By then he can do without things.

Can be that higgins has found its shape peak now then he will fade more the season will advance.

Personally I do not see him holding the pace. He begins to age as Ronnie and with age I think you lose consistency in your game .

Nowadays it is almost impossible to dominate the snooker. The level is too high, there are too many good players.

It would not surprise me that higgins would get eliminated in the first rounds during the Uk.

At the moment I will rank Ronnie 5 th player of the season. In front of him there are Selby,Higgins,Ding and Trump.

It is on this that it is not the best ronnie that one sees at this moment but the worst no longer far from there.

Nothing dramatic in all that.

A little patience and I think he will turn its shape.

The season is still long.

In the mean time let's enjoy this magical game.

Postby SnookerFan

Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:I did not see second session.

But what can be said is that mdg is the worst supporter that can exist.

Ronnie is not playing very well since the beginning of the season is obvious. So what.

The season is just beginning, it makes two finals playing really average. It really is not that bad.

Higgins, there is not even a month, had no results. Now I read that he is the best player in the world.

Except that it does not work that way.

In a season there are ups and downs.
In October the best player in the world was trump then. 2 finals, one title.

Last year ronnie had won on blow masters and open welsh and robertson Coc and uk. Then after we saw the results.

Higgins is the player of the month of November. that's all.

For me the best player in the world is selby. He is always there, he is the most regular.

Many already see higgins winning the world championship.

The Worlds are in April. By then he can do without things.

Can be that higgins has found its shape peak now then he will fade more the season will advance.

Personally I do not see him holding the pace. He begins to age as Ronnie and with age I think you lose consistency in your game .

Nowadays it is almost impossible to dominate the snooker. The level is too high, there are too many good players.

It would not surprise me that higgins would get eliminated in the first rounds during the Uk.

At the moment I will rank Ronnie 5 th player of the season. In front of him there are Selby,Higgins,Ding and Trump.

It is on this that it is not the best ronnie that one sees at this moment but the worst no longer far from there.

Nothing dramatic in all that.

A little patience and I think he will turn its shape.

The season is still long.

In the mean time let's enjoy this magical game.

:goodpost: