Post a reply

Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Image Image Image
Monday 7th - Saturday 12th of November at the Ricoh Arena, Coventry.

60th Match Between John Higgins and Ronnie O'Sullivan for The Champion of Champions Trophy.

Between them they have won 56 Ranking Titles, 9 World Titles and appered in 160 Finals World Wide

Legends in every Way.

Who will Win?

Final

John Higgins v Ronnie O'Sullivan

HEAD TO HEAD
Overall: O'Sullivan leads 30-25
Main Tournaments: Higgins leads 21-19
Multi-session matches:Tied at 10-10
Finals : O'Sullivan leads 10-6

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!!!!

Postby Andre147

160 Finals World Wide, thats just outof this world.... wow!

Two greats of the game going h2h once again.

One interesting stat there, in multi-session matches they are tied at 10-10, something's gotta give tomorrow...

I give Ronnie the slight edge, but only just. If both play like today we could be in for another Classic between the two.

Postby Gridlock

Hope to see some of this in the morning. If not then youtube later. I take Higgins in alliegence with Hendry_fan!

Postby Wildey

Cheshire Cat wrote:Great write up Wild. Those stats are just incredible and really set the scene for tomorrow's match.

For me the most amazing stat of all is the last 5 times they have played a multi session match Higgins has won

2005 Grand Prix Final Higgins wins 9-2
2006 Masters Final Higgins wins 10-9
2007 World QF Higgins wins 13-9
2009 UK SF Higgins wins 9-8
2011 World QF Higgins wins 13-10

last time Ronnie beat Higgins over multi session was the 2005 Masters Final he won 10-3

Last time they played in a Final was in 2007 Prem league since then Ronnie has won 3 WC and Higgins 2.

Postby Andre147

Yes I did say previously I found the multi-session ties at 10 all very interesting...

Hopefully Ronnie wins it and like you say it'll be the first one since the absolute masterclass he produced in 2005 Masters.

Postby Andre147

Goldenballs147 wrote:I've never actually watched a live final between Higgins and O'Sullivan, so I am definitely looking forward to this.

I've watched two, the infamous 2006 Masters and the less famous 2007 Premier League, lol.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Cloud Strife wrote:If Higgins beats Ronnie it'll be like the nightmare years revisited.

Yeah. a final loss hurts. but it hurts more when it comes against higgins.

he has to shut every frame when he gets the oppurtunity. has to nake the frame safe not that he misses frame ball and higgins clears up.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I do think Higgins is favourite today, just because he's shown the most consistent form. At the European Masters Ronnie was stunning against Robbo in the semis, but wasn't there for the final against Judd.

It's a brilliant occasion though. Didn't think i'd ever get to see another Higgins v ROS final.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:
Goldenballs147 wrote:I've never actually watched a live final between Higgins and O'Sullivan, so I am definitely looking forward to this.

I've watched two, the infamous 2006 Masters and the less famous 2007 Premier League, lol.

Does Ronnie losing a match make it infamous? It was one of the best matches ever.

Postby Cheshire Cat

SnookerFan wrote:Not there, but he only lost by one frame. To win 8 frames against Judd, when not playing his best snooker, shows Ronnie is far from being a spent force.

Indeedly so. One of the many reasons why I wish people and some pundits would stop saying that he's 'spent' and well past it.

I don't really count that Welsh Open match very much. Higgins was at rock bottom during that time and ROS was flying after winning the Masters and then the Welsh that year, this one is much more of a toss up.

Higgins clear favourite.

i will be happy if the 1st session ends with a scoreline of 4-4. but when it get tight in the closing stages there is only one winner. ronnies nerves always flatter vs higgins. always like the response from him in the 2001 worlds final when he was set for a 18-13 victory and missed match and championship ball and higgins cleared up. higgins was 30 odd in front in the next but ronnie made a wonderful break. we need that ronnie who doesnt let the bad things get to him.

Postby Andre147

Right, it's Final time! :-D

Wonder where hendry_fan is to support Higgins :chin:

Anyway, another big match to add to their incredibe list, may the best man win, and that of course be Ronnie! <cool>

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Higgins clear favourite.

i will be happy if the 1st session ends with a scoreline of 4-4. but when it get tight in the closing stages there is only one winner. ronnies nerves always flatter vs higgins. always like the response from him in the 2001 worlds final when he was set for a 18-13 victory and missed match and championship ball and higgins cleared up. higgins was 30 odd in front in the next but ronnie made a wonderful break. we need that ronnie who doesnt let the bad things get to him.

Higgins could give Ronnie a 6 frame head start and you'd still have him favourite.

SnookerFan wrote:

Higgins could give Ronnie a 6 frame head start and you'd still have him favourite.

does higgins not also love coming from behind?

Postby Snooker Overdrive

Andre147 wrote:Right, it's Final time! :-D

Wonder where hendry_fan is to support Higgins :chin:

Anyway, another big match to add to their incredibe list, may the best man win, and that of course be Ronnie! <cool>

Nowadays with so many tournaments, I feel the only ones that truly stand out now - besides the majors - are the ones with an epic line up in the final. And it doesn't get any more epic than this!

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

does higgins not also love coming from behind?

Nobody likes it. A professional player wants to win every frame.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

SnookerFan wrote:

Especially then. Because Higgins is better being behind :wave: