Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!!!!

Postby Iranu

Sickpotter wrote:Think Walden/ROS had a match like that, if memory serves Walden had 100% pot success up to the 4th frame and was 4-0 down

Yep, in the Masters last year was it?

Postby TheRocket

Iranu wrote:
TheRocket wrote:Hendry commentating. great.

Serious or sarcastic?

No. Not sarcasting. I like the way, he's commentating. Not saying much, just then when he feels, he needs to. And he knows the game inside out.

Postby Iranu

It's interesting how the smallest thing can affect century stats. The odd roll of a ball here and there and all 5 frames so far could have had a century despite the few misses.

Makes me think centuries are a bit overrated.

Postby Iranu

masterdoctorgenius wrote:why bo9 in the afternoon. thought it was more of a china thing and first round of WC

Guarantees that someone has a lead going into the fonal session. Makes sense really.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:why bo9 in the afternoon. thought it was more of a china thing and first round of WC

Guarantees that someone has a lead going into the fonal session. Makes sense really.

Why does it matter that somebody has a lead?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:

Why does it matter that somebody has a lead?

Just makes things a bit more interesting going in I think. If it's 4-4 the first session is essentially a right-off (obviously there are exceptions like if a player wins four on the bounce which would have a psychological effect.)

I'm not sure i can properly explain why, it just feels like it makes sense.

Also of course it divides the sessions more evenly and makes the match less likely to go on until really late.