Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Final !!!!!!

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Andre147 wrote:For me this wont hurt as much as the Romania loss, that was a killer for me...

If he loses here... well.... hats off to Higgins, on to next tournament.

Ronnie plays on Monday at 7pm.

how will he find the motivation for that one. 128 draw. bo7.

he is mentally damaged. JH the better player atm and has a chance to win the WC.

Postby Iranu

Kind of sickening to see luck play such a pot in the last few moments.

Although Higgins would almost certainly have won anyway.

Postby Iranu

I feel so deflated right now.

I so wish Ronnie had brought his A game to this match because John was really there for the taking in session 1.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:For me this wont hurt as much as the Romania loss, that was a killer for me...

Yeah, I don't get hurt and upset when Ronnie loses nowadays, or certainly not as much as I used to.

The man has won everything there is to win several times over and has proven himself a great champion time and time again. His legacy is set no matter what happens here on in.

Anything he wins now is a bonus, that's the way I'm looking at it.

Postby TheRocket

Cloud Strife wrote:

Yeah, I don't get hurt and upset when Ronnie loses nowadays, or certainly not as much as I used to.

The man has won everything there is to win several times over and has proven himself a great champion time and time again. His legacy is set no matter what happens here on in.

Anything he wins now is a bonus, that's the way I'm looking at it.

Good thinking. Cuz that's how it is. The only thing I actually would love to see is one more World title from Ronnie. Don't think it'll happen though.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Those last two safety shots summed Ronnie up at the moment.

Granted they were good pots, but you cannot, CANNOT have an easy safety shot and end up leaving your opponent a pot, especially when he's 50-odd ahead. It's so careless.

Postby Snooker Overdrive

masterdoctorgenius wrote:

he is mentally damaged. JH the better player atm and has a chance to win the WC.

Thankfully Ronnie has a different mindset than you. He's a champion. Champions are defined by being tough, believing in themselves and getting back up after being knocked down. Your attitude is bucking disgraceful!

Postby Cloud Strife

SnookerFan wrote:Them Fres Bentos look rank.

I don't get those adverts. The guy eating them is a runt to his wife/gf.

Is that the message they are trying to get across? That only runts eat Fray Bento's?

Postby Iranu

All credit to John, he played fabulous stuff after the MSI, as I knew he would. It was a great win in the end, and we shouldn't act like Ronnie beat himself in this match because John didn't fall over the line, he leaped over it.

Postby Andre147

Iranu wrote:I feel so deflated right now.

I so wish Ronnie had brought his A game to this match because John was really there for the taking in session 1.

Ronnie's A game would have beaten Higgins 10-3 or 10-4 today, it's that simple.

It wasn't to be, Higgins by far the better player. The ton of 130 I thought would inspire Ronnie, but it diesn't.

That green was the turning point I think.

Well done John Higgins, Champion of Champions. :hatoff:

Postby Cloud Strife

Snooker Overdrive wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:

Thankfully Ronnie has a different mindset than you. He's a champion. Champions are defined by being tough, believing in themselves and getting back up after being knocked down. Your attitude is bucking disgraceful!

Excellent post.