Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Semi-Finals !!!!!!

Postby PoolBoy

Andre, I don't agree that this tournament is in the same category as The Masters (you mentioned it yesterday).
The Masters has a huge history, whereas this has recently been re-introduced. The format is longer in The Masters and the prize money is bigger.

Also, The Masters is contested by the top 16 players in the world, but this competition sees World Seniors Champions like Mark Davis entering, and the Snooker Shoot-out winner getting-in (Robin Hull)...etc.
Plus, it often requires a few 'top-up' players to complete the line-up.

To quote MDG when he was 'butt-hurt' at Higgins winning the China Championship last week (twice what the winner of this gets)..."It's just an invitational tournament, no-more; no-less..."

Postby SnookerFan

PoolBoy wrote:Andre, I don't agree that this tournament is in the same category as The Masters (you mentioned it yesterday).
The Masters has a huge history, whereas this has recently been re-introduced. The format is longer in The Masters and the prize money is bigger.

Also, The Masters is contested by the top 16 players in the world, but this competition sees World Seniors Champions like Mark Davis entering, and the Snooker Shoot-out winner getting-in (Robin Hull)...etc.

To quote MDG when he was 'butt-hurt' at Higgins winning the China Championship last week (twice what the winner of this gets)..."It's just an invitational tournament, no-more; no-less..."

Like The Masters?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:TWITTER ATTACK!

Shaun Murphy ‏@Magician147
Quick thought....is Snooker the only sport where the field of play ( table ) is different for the pros opposed to club or amateur level?

No. What a stupid thing to say.

Postby Andre147

PoolBoy wrote:Andre, I don't agree that this tournament is in the same category as The Masters (you mentioned it yesterday).

The TC events (a term not too popular around these parts) will always be the ones the players want to win the most, so naturally The Masters is more important than this.

But at the end of the day both are invitational tournaments, yes Seniors or Shoot-Out winner are here but that doesn't mean it's not a great event because it is. Maybe not on same level as The Masters, but up there. This one and the IC I'd say are just outside the TC events.

Postby SnookerFan

Whilst we're on about Murphy's Twitter words of wisdom, here's something he tweeted a couple of days ago.

Shaun Murphy ‏@Magician147
Innocently sat watching the snooker when Elaine turns to me and says "it's a shame you're not Chinese". #answersonapostcard #please

Even his wife wishes he was somebody else. rofl

Postby Cheshire Cat

Hard to believe it was only a few days ago that Clive was hammering Ding non-stop and laying into him for his performances the past few weeks.

Nice to see Ding playing so well, as well as John.

Postby TheRocket

Ding is the third best breakbuilder of all time after ROS and Hendry. But Ding has age on his side. So he might overtake them in the future.

The only negative thing with him though is that he's very rarely, almost never produced this kind of scoring power in the really big tournaments. Especially the world.

Postby SnookerFan

Cheshire Cat wrote:Hard to believe it was only a few days ago that Clive was hammering Ding non-stop and laying into him for his performances the past few weeks.

What's Clive saying about him today?

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Cheshire Cat wrote:Hard to believe it was only a few days ago that Clive was hammering Ding non-stop and laying into him for his performances the past few weeks.

What's Clive saying about him today?

It's Yates and McManus commentating.

Yates sounds too much like Jeremy Clarkson for my liking.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:It's Yates and McManus commentating.

Oh buck, I forgot Yates was commentating. Luckily, I've not listened to him all week.

Has he been doing afternoon sessions? I've mainly heard Everton with Hendry and/or Angles.

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:

Oh buck, I forgot Yates was commentating. Luckily, I've not listened to him all week.

Has he been doing afternoon sessions? I've mainly heard Everton with Hendry and/or Angles.

Can't say I've noticed a pattern but you're probably right.

Some really interesting safety in this frame, momentum swinging back and forth.

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Can't say I've noticed a pattern but you're probably right.

Some really interesting safety in this frame, momentum swinging back and forth.

Evening is all I've watched, due to 'working'. So, I assume Everton is doing evenings. It's mainly been Hendry with him, but Angles was with him Wednesday.