Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 4 !!!!!!!!

Postby Andre147

And MDG you're actually right for once... In most of the Higgins v Judd matches, when Judd had a big advantage John cameback to win.

Still, 2-2 it is here.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:at their absolute peaks who would you back in a deciding more? ronnie or higgins?

Higgins absolutely. Similar to Selby.

Ronnie won his fair share of deciders against Higgins back in the day. Some memorable ones too.

I'd have them pretty even.

Postby Andre147

Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:at their absolute peaks who would you back in a deciding more? ronnie or higgins?

Ronnie won his fair share of deciders against Higgins back in the day. Some memorable ones too.

The only big ones I remember are the 1996 13-12 Worlds, and the 10-9 2003 Irish Masters Final.

Can't remember any more.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

fpund this one on cuetracker from a match in 1995 between ronnie and higgins. Higgins won 5-4. look at the scores:

Scores: 65-23; 10(100)-5; 55-46; 39-70(53); 6-82(78); 21-70; 76-73(73); 24-75(75); 69(69)-68(68)

the last frame must have been as sick as the masters clearance in 2006. good that i never watched it back then

Postby TheRocket

masterdoctorgenius wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

the only important deciding frame win vs higgins which springs to mind was one WC QF match in the 90s ( maybe 1996 i think)

Irish Masters final 2003. Higgins was playing at his absolute peak but Ronnie won the decider in one visit.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:
Cloud Strife wrote:
Andre147 wrote:

The only big ones I remember are the 1996 13-12 Worlds, and the 10-9 2003 Irish Masters Final.

Can't remember any more.

He won one in the Champions Cup and also another in the Scottish Open ranking event. Overall, Higgins has the edge though.

I could've sworn Ronnie won a few more, memory obviously not what it was.

Postby TheRocket

The Masters final 2006 is the one which hurts cuz Ronnie was 60:0 ahead and missed a straightforward red. To be fair, Higgins made one of the best clearances of all time after that but it should have never even come that far.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:The Masters final 2006 is the one which hurts cuz Ronnie was 60:0 ahead and missed a straightforward red. To be fair, Higgins made one of the best clearances of all time after that but it should have never even come that far.

Does it still hurt a decade later? It's not like Ronnie didn't win The Masters at all.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:The Masters final 2006 is the one which hurts cuz Ronnie was 60:0 ahead and missed a straightforward red. To be fair, Higgins made one of the best clearances of all time after that but it should have never even come that far.

Does it still hurt a decade later? It's not like Ronnie didn't win The Masters at all.

You're right. Now it obviously doesn't hurt as much as it hurt back then in that moment, knowing he's won four more Masters titles after that. I have to say, the one which really hurts atm is the World Final 2014.

Postby SnookerFan

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

You're right. Now it obviously doesn't hurt as much as it hurt back then in that moment, knowing he's won four more Masters titles after that. I have to say, the one which really hurts atm is the World Final 2014.

Pink.

Postby TheRocket

SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Pink.

For mdg its the pink. I still think, the black off the spot he missed in the 16th frame made the difference.

Postby Andre147

Me 2. The black in the 16th frame made all the diference. Ronnie had big momentum, 10-5 ahead, could well have been 11-5 or even 12-5...

It's all history now, but yeah the World Final was Ronnie's last chance to possibly tie Hendry's 7 Worlds. That won't happen now, but a 6th is still possible.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:
TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:

Pink.

For mdg its the pink. I still think, the black off the spot he missed in the 16th frame made the difference.

had he won the last frames of the 3rd session after having lost the first 4 frames he would have a lead and the momentum in the last session. ronnie needs momentum

In 2008 at the worlds semi against hendry he was 1-4 down in the first session but came back to level 4-4

ronnie said afterwards it felt like he won the session.

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I think if Trump wins he reaches the Final.

If Higgins does then I think it's Ding who reaches the Final.

Oh, are Trump and Higgins playing? I thought it was Ronnie the way people were going on.