Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 4 !!!!!!!!

Postby Andre147

SnookerFan wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Best group of the tournament?

Has it shaped up that way, so far?

So far yesterday's group had the better standard of play.

But we still have the remaining of this match plus another 2.

Postby Andre147

On a side note, I miss the predictions contests here...

So far this season I was the only one who has stepped in. I can't make more atm, but would like if someone else did. Maybe PL will make one for the UK Champs, I hope so anyway.

Postby Dan-cat

Andre147 wrote:On a side note, I miss the predictions contests here...

So far this season I was the only one who has stepped in. I can't make more atm, but would like if someone else did. Maybe PL will make one for the UK Champs, I hope so anyway.

I don't really understand how they work which is why I never entered :emb:

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:
Andre147 wrote:On a side note, I miss the predictions contests here...

I don't really understand how they work which is why I never entered :emb:

Quite simple really Dan.

Just predict the correct score and winner for each match, and normally predict 2 Finalists.

Postby Andre147

Dan-cat wrote:Higgins has got a new watch. Exciting bunch snooker players aren't they zzzzzzzzzzz. What I would do with £200k. A £5k timepiece would not be anywhere on the bucking list.

I don't blame him, it would be on mine. :emb:

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:I don't blame him, it would be on mine. :emb:

I'm with Dan. I'd be rubbish at deciding what luxuries I'd buy if I had that money.

Let's assume I won the lottery. And did all the boring sensible things, y'know paid off bills, made some savings, made sure family were looked after etc, then I had say £5 or £10million knocking around to spend on luxuries, I'd be the first person to go; "Errrrm....."

I don't really like foreign holidays, because I don't like being away from home for long periods of time. Though I have a driving license, I don't like driving. Certainly not interested in cars enough to buy a sports car. I live alone, so don't really see the point in buying a big mansion. Besides, I like my little flat next door to a pub and would miss it if I left. I dress like a total slob, so fancy clothes mean nothing to me. A couple of new pairs of jogging bottoms would do. I've literally only just ditched my flip phone last month for a smart phone with internet on, so gadgets have no interest to me.

Being a millionaire would be absolutely wasted on me. I did once say I'd book into a hotel for 17 days in Sheffield, and buy tickets to every session of The Crucible. But even then, by the end of it I might be getting the same homesickness that I'd get on the aforementioned foreign holiday. <laugh>

I'd be absolutely useless with it. I could maybe go into the pub and buy the entire clientele a drink. But that'd only be to look flash, and for no real other reason...
Last edited by SnookerFan on 10 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Cloud Strife

Andre147 wrote:On the other hand, I'm quite happy with a 100/200 euro mobile phone.

Not like those who spend 500+ euros on that thing...

I wish I was like you. I'm addicted to my phone unfortunately.

Postby Andre147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:judd will play rubbish tonight.

how many matches with a MSI did he win against john?

Not many, but he did win their last encounter Best of 9 at the English Open when Higgins played rubbish.

Doubt Higgins will play as bad, he's too in stunning form.

Postby Andre147

trump making back to back tons from 1-0 down, and now that 70+ break, including a shot on he green to dislodge the yellow off the cushion, probably the best shot of tournament so far.

Postby Cheshire Cat

I really like McGill. I hope he starts making the later stages of more tournaments, because he seems to play his best when he's playing the top players on the big occasions, like at the Worlds the past few years.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Pedro147 wrote:
Incident on 57th street 20 wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Image

Judd Trump and Michael White no ?

No, James Wattana and Rory McLeod I believe.

There's a picture of Bingham and Steve Davis that gets me everytime. Bingham looks the exact same as a kid as he does now.

Postby Andre147

Bingham, Murphy and even Lee don't seem to have aged at all, always with that baby face.

Despite everything, I miss Stephen Lee playing, that cue action of his was Rolls Royce indeed. Shame he did what he did.