Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

I am having another insomnia attack, which come and go for me. Didn't sleep last night.

I don't know if I'll see the end of this match tonight. Sadly.

Seems a waste of good coverage not to watch as much as possible.

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Iranu wrote:Agreed, although my guess for this evening is Bingham-Ding (big call, I know.)


It's certainly possible.

People still underrate Bingham as a player. A three time ranking winner, he was just in a tournament final on Sunday. Turning Robertson over certainly isn't impossible.

How tired will he be after travelling from China to Coventry in the last couple of days though, that's the question.

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!!!!!

Postby Dan-cat

SnookerFan wrote:
Dan-cat wrote:Robertson is all at sea the moment.


You predicting Bingham?

And more importantly, are you providing play-by-play for those of us not able to watch?


I'm on the fence, the travel / jet lag will be painful for Bingo. It wrecks your concentration.

I wish I could! However I'm hosting a conference for 400 delegates in Canary Wharf (eek!!)

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
I'm on the fence, the travel / jet lag will be painful for Bingo. It wrecks your concentration.

I wish I could! However I'm hosting a conference for 400 delegates in Canary Wharf (eek!!)


Can't you tell them to wait for the snooker to be over? rofl

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Bingo said he arrived yesterday, and woke up at 4 a.m today due to still being jetlagged...

But Hendry made a good point, out there in the arena you dont think about that and as a top player Bingo is used to this so it really shouldnt affect him, although it's not ideal preparation of course.

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!!!!!

Postby Iranu

SnookerFan wrote:
Iranu wrote:Agreed, although my guess for this evening is Bingham-Ding (big call, I know.)


It's certainly possible.

People still underrate Bingham as a player. A three time ranking winner, he was just in a tournament final on Sunday. Turning Robertson over certainly isn't impossible.

How tired will he be after travelling from China to Coventry in the last couple of days though, that's the question.

I was actually being sarcastic, I think I've gone for the most obvious line-up given recent form.

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!!!!!

Postby Cheshire Cat

Has Robbo ever given an explanation for why he lets himself slip into playing slow, and disrupting his own rhythm around the table?

I imagine it's a psychological thing, or a bad habit. Just curious.

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!!!!!

Postby Andre147

Cheshire Cat wrote:Has Robbo ever given an explanation for why he lets himself slip into playing slow, and disrupting his own rhythm around the table?

I imagine it's a psychological thing, or a bad habit. Just curious.


He said recently in an interview he often over analysis things, seeing what can go wrong instead of just playing the shot, that's why he sometimes bogs himself down and so often ends up losing those matches.

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!!!!!

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:Neil tweeted he's making an effort to speed up, but I haven't noticed much difference .


Why should he, though?

This isn't the Premier League, there's no reward for fast play. He's there to win, why should he be bothered how quick he is?

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

Andre147 wrote:Bingo said he arrived yesterday, and woke up at 4 a.m today due to still being jetlagged...

But Hendry made a good point, out there in the arena you dont think about that and as a top player Bingo is used to this so it really shouldnt affect him, although it's not ideal preparation of course.

Sometimes playing when your Jet Lagged eases the pressure.


if you lose you have a excuse waiting and if you win your super human.

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 1 !!!!!!!!

Postby Wildey

SnookerFan wrote:
eraserhead wrote:Neil tweeted he's making an effort to speed up, but I haven't noticed much difference .


Why should he, though?

This isn't the Premier League, there's no reward for fast play. He's there to win, why should he be bothered how quick he is?

:goodpost: