Post a reply

Re: Dafabet Champion of Champions Group 3 !!!!!!!!

Postby TheRocket

Just saw Ronnies post match interview. <doh>

When he doesn't care about winning or losing and even feel relieved after losing, then just retire please. I know, he's said a lot of stupid things over the years but most of the time it was because he felt he played rubbish and he was really annoyed about it which is a positive sign actually.

This time he's talking just rubbish. Why bother still playing with that kind of attitude? Not even the most prolific loser would speak like that.

Postby Andre147

He also said he prefered doing the punditry work and felt relieved when he lost to Wakelin, lol....

I want to see more of the old Ronnie, who showed his frustration but actually cared about winning. This type of attitude won't do him any favours, even if it's more contained in his emotions.

Postby TheRocket

Andre147 wrote:He also said he prefered doing the punditry work and felt relieved when he lost to Wakelin, lol....

I want to see more of the old Ronnie, who showed his frustration but actually cared about winning. This type of attitude won't do him any favours, even if it's more contained in his emotions.

Fully agree. I rather have the old pre peters O'Sullivan back than the current one. I remember one particular moment when he showed quite a lot frustration, even hit the table in his second round match against Hicks in the 2004 WC. And it worked. He won the match, went on to win his 2nd world title and played some of the best Snooker of his life.

Nowadays he tries so hard to look cool and keep his emotions under control. And it looks quite pathetic at times because he acts as if playing Snooker is like a hobby or side job to him.

Postby motorhead

TheRocket wrote:rofl
Hendry: "His first or second gear is still better than the A-game of... (takes his time) most of the players. (just avoided to say Martin Gould)

<laugh> <laugh>

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
Andre147 wrote:He also said he prefered doing the punditry work and felt relieved when he lost to Wakelin, lol....

Fully agree. I rather have the old pre peters O'Sullivan back than the current one. I remember one particular moment when he showed quite a lot frustration, even hit the table in his second round match against Hicks in the 2004 WC. And it worked. He won the match, went on to win his 2nd world title and played some of the best Snooker of his life.

Nowadays he tries so hard to look cool and keep his emotions under control. And it looks quite pathetic at times because he acts as if playing Snooker is like a hobby or side job to him.

Hes 40 going on 41 priorities change.

Hes found a outlet for his talent that doesn't include Championship Snooker.

Snooker Legends = can entertain the crowds get payed win or lose
TV Pundit = can have access to tournaments talk about current players and enjoy the banter.
His Eurosport Show = can show youngsters how to play and give them advice.

Postby LC

Saw the interview and it's disappointing what Ronnie said, I think this could be the end as a top player, he has other priorities it seems and snooker isn't one of them,

Postby Goldenballs147

With regards to Ronnie's current attitude like I said in a post a few weeks back, I'm not buying it. If he doesn't start winning tournaments he's gonna finish this season outside the top 16, and I'm near 100% certain that's the last thing he wants no matter what he says. The type of person he is it's all about the winning, and if he really didn't care about winning then he wouldn't be playing. I doubt he's playing all these tournaments this year because he's got nothing better to do.

The thing is he said earlier on that he knows he's taken too much time out over the last few years and has to build himself back up again, and if you take advantage of the game it comes back to bite you, or something along those lines. I suppose his inconsistency matches his current game.

He's really coming across like a right toolbox every time he opens his mouth at the minute, I think I preferred it when he was comparing venues to shopping centres and playing snooker in his socks.

Postby Iranu

TheRocket wrote:

But he was showing frustration against Gould, there were quite a few instances where he was visibly annoyed and I'm sure he rapped his knuckles on the table Maguire-style at one point.

I don't understand why everyone's suddenly taking his comments at face value, he's been saying rubbish like this for nearly 20 years.

We all know what it's like to watch Ronnie play when he doesn't care. That's not how he was playing last night, I don't care what he says.