Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Semi Finals !!!

Postby Andre147

Didn't watch any of the match, but will now.

Glad Ding won and especially by such a confortable score.

If it's Selby v Ding should be another great Final. Or even Bingo wouldn't be so bad.

Postby Andre147

And it's becomening a bit of a trend for the top players.

When they are very close to being knocked out in a tournament as Ding clearly was v Maan, what does that win do? It inspires him to reach the Final and indeed win it I hope. Ronnie at German Masters 2012 another example of that.

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:
Sadly, he did say it. Linky link

Well, he is in the top 3 players in the world right now, and Ding is something special. Nothing wrong with a top sportsman having confidence in his game, Tuney tuna.

All it would've taken in Murphy potting a black to beat him yesterday. rofl

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:And it's becomening a bit of a trend for the top players.

When they are very close to being knocked out in a tournament as Ding clearly was v Maan, what does that win do? It inspires him to reach the Final and indeed win it I hope. Ronnie at German Masters 2012 another example of that.

Is that becoming a trend? I thought that had always been a thing...

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:And it's becomening a bit of a trend for the top players.

That was four years ago. When you said it was becoming a trend, you made it sound like something that has happened in the last month or so. rofl

Postby pasunegirafe

Dan-cat wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:
Sadly, he did say it. Linky link

Well, he is in the top 3 players in the world right now, and Ding is something special. Nothing wrong with a top sportsman having confidence in his game, Tuney tuna.

No, nothing wrong with being confident. Except that Trump has a tendency to make these type of comments that make him look a bit foolish when he has lost the match. The most recent one I can remember is his comment about the 2016 WC: " I'm gonna win".

Confidence or hubris? I think it's the latter.

Postby Andre147

Oh my goodness! rofl

If you have Facebook, you need to watch this! What Robbo did against Joe Perry in his match at this tournament is something I thought I would never see Robbo make in a pro match. Throws the cue ball in the air with his cue in the 4th frame after losing it on the pink, and in the 7yh frame being 5-1 down smashes the pack from his break off shot.

https://www.facebook.com/phong.therocke ... 4465891360

Postby eraserhead

rofl rofl rofl rofl

Is Robbo taking notes from Hann, can't believe that I know he's not been the best lately losing 6-0 to Ronnie and the Perry had a pretty convincing victory. Especially against Joe a good friend of his, it isn't showing much respect.

Anyone watch that match where they both playing crap or both off and Perry just managing to close frames out.

Postby eraserhead

Was able to watch some of this match Ding looked very impressive at times especially the morning session.

Trump's weird in that anytime he starts to feel comfortable with his game, it goes. When he's playing for pride (all the finals he had against Ronnie, v Ding at worlds etc) he manages to play some stuff that's hard to stop. He should probably keep his mouth shut.

Well done Ding on another final in China!

Postby Andre147

eraserhead wrote:Was able to watch some of this match Ding looked very impressive at times especially the morning session.

Trump's weird in that anytime he starts to feel comfortable with his game, it goes. When he's playing for pride (all the finals he had against Ronnie, v Ding at worlds etc) he manages to play some stuff that's hard to stop. He should probably keep his mouth shut.

Well done Ding on another final in China!

Yeah, it's as though as soon as he starts getting overconfident, he ends up losing his next match. He should let Snooker do the talking.

Postby eraserhead

Andre147 wrote:Yeah, it's as though as soon as he starts getting overconfident, he ends up losing his next match. He should let Snooker do the talking.

Which is what he's been doing this season. Finally showing a bit of consistency, and has been good to watch.

Then manages to pick the perfect words to make him look foolish.

Postby SnookerFan

eraserhead wrote:rofl rofl rofl rofl

Is Robbo taking notes from Hann, can't believe that I know he's not been the best lately losing 6-0 to Ronnie and the Perry had a pretty convincing victory. Especially against Joe a good friend of his, it isn't showing much respect.

Anyone watch that match where they both playing crap or both off and Perry just managing to close frames out.

Makes you think. Remember that time he cried when he beat Perry.

Not quite as gracious in defeat, is he?

Postby Dan-cat

The Holty thing... at the end of the decider (having been 4 nil adrift) he missed a sitter / got a kick when he had a chance to win. After Bingham had won and Holty conceded, he picked up the blue and went to angrily smash it on the table...at the last minute he stopped himself and rattled his cue case instead. What would Tezza-yoda say!

Postby Sickpotter

pasunegirafe wrote:<laugh> Jeez Robbo, calm down! Do players get fined for throwing the cue ball like that? In tennis you get a warning/fine for ball abuse.

I fully expect he'll be handed a fine, not just for the throw but also for the smash break. Unsportsmanlike conduct for sure and pathetic from a player of his caliber. :td:

Postby Cloud Strife

Sickpotter wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:<laugh> Jeez Robbo, calm down! Do players get fined for throwing the cue ball like that? In tennis you get a warning/fine for ball abuse.

I fully expect he'll be handed a fine, not just for the throw but also for the smash break. Unsportsmanlike conduct for sure and pathetic from a player of his caliber. :td:

Personally, I loved seeing that. Abit of emotion for once.

Great entertainment.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

“I was too tired today,” said Trump. “I’ve played a lot of games. I tried my hardest but I couldn’t concentrate and made so many mistakes. Ding didn’t play great but he did enough. He scored when I left him in.”

Trump you arrogant,overrated pin end, just admit you are rubbish and ding is some classed above you. 'Ding didnt play great'. yeah all the times you lose the opponent didnt play well. yeah of course

Postby Muppet147

masterdoctorgenius wrote:“I was too tired today,” said Trump. “I’ve played a lot of games. I tried my hardest but I couldn’t concentrate and made so many mistakes. Ding didn’t play great but he did enough. He scored when I left him in.”

Trump you arrogant,overrated pin end, just admit you are rubbish and ding is some classed above you. 'Ding didnt play great'. yeah all the times you lose the opponent didnt play well. yeah of course

Trump isn't rubbish and Ding isn't some classes above him.

Ding had a good day today but he has been handily beaten in the past.

Muppet147 wrote:
masterdoctorgenius wrote:“I was too tired today,” said Trump. “I’ve played a lot of games. I tried my hardest but I couldn’t concentrate and made so many mistakes. Ding didn’t play great but he did enough. He scored when I left him in.”

Trump isn't rubbish and Ding isn't some classes above him.

Ding had a good day today but he has been handily beaten in the past.

more titles, more TCs. he is some classes above him.

Postby Andre147

Sickpotter wrote:

I agree he should be handed a fine, Snooker isn't a Sport that can take this kind of behaviour lightly.

Showing a bit of emotion is allright, but this clearly was just stupid and childish behaviour, something you'd expect a club player do.

Andre147 wrote:Oh my goodness! rofl

If you have Facebook, you need to watch this! What Robbo did against Joe Perry in his match at this tournament is something I thought I would never see Robbo make in a pro match. Throws the cue ball in the air with his cue in the 4th frame after losing it on the pink, and in the 7yh frame being 5-1 down smashes the pack from his break off shot.

https://www.facebook.com/phong.therocke ... 4465891360

hahhhahhahhaha. the music is god damn good.

ronnie even conceded a frame vs perry before needing snookers. missed a red and threw his cue over other reds and went to the MSI (think it was at the UK 2008, ronnie was 0-2 behind, played sublime snooker to go 5-2 up with some sublime centuries. had many chances to lead 6-2 overnight, didnt take them, perry felt like he won the session, ronnie never won a frame in the next day)

Postby eraserhead

I'd rather Robbo do this than take ages looking at a shot from every angle and then going for a toilet break.

Don't really see the need for a fine it's not a common thing for him, I can't tell if Robbo picking up the white and cleaning it was him trying to apologise or if he'd been told to. Bizarre it's only just been brought up.