Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Semi Finals !!!

Postby SnookerFan

Dan-cat wrote:Just watched the end of the Bingham / Holt match. Holt was so cross at the end!!! Picked up the blue and was gonna smash it on the table! I think he got a kick that cost him the decider.

Didn't follow that. What caused him to be cross?

I thought Holt was a lot more mentally stable these days.

Postby Iranu

Runs out of position again on 61, this time no alternative pot. Puts a red safe and plays a good safety.

Judd messes up his safety again but leaves nothing easy.

Ding misses a tricky red to middle and leaves Judd a half chance to steal the frame. Not easy though, remaining 3 reds are on cushions.

Postby SnookerFan

mantorok wrote:Where has the crowd been all week? I thought snooker was popular in China?!

The story is that snooker is popular in China, but only televisually. (Apparently due to the high prices for the tickets.) I think the TV companies through fat money at World Snooker, which is why there's so many tournaments there. If 100 million people Chinese people, or whatever it is, are watching when they play in the UK, imagine the amount of people they get when it's on their time zones. It's the TV companies that want China over there, they don't care how many tickets are sold.

Pity really. Always great crowds in Germany, and they only get one full ranker. And it lasts five days. They need more over there, in my opinion.

Postby SnookerFan

pasunegirafe wrote:Yesterday Trump said that his game is solid and it takes something special to beat him :roll:. Oh Judd, haven't you learnt by now that when you say things like that you get beaten the next day? :chuckle:

Is that what he said? <doh>

After his performance in the European Masters and English Open finals, I was beginning to warm a little bit to Judd. If he did say that, it reminds me why I thought he was a bit of a idiot.

Postby pasunegirafe

SnookerFan wrote:
pasunegirafe wrote:Yesterday Trump said that his game is solid and it takes something special to beat him :roll:. Oh Judd, haven't you learnt by now that when you say things like that you get beaten the next day? :chuckle:

Is that what he said? <doh>

After his performance in the European Masters and English Open finals, I was beginning to warm a little bit to Judd. If he did say that, it reminds me why I thought he was a bit of a idiot.

Sadly, he did say it. Linky link