Post a reply

Re: World Snooker International Championship Semi Finals !!!

Postby TheRocket

@ sickpotter.

Please dont waste my time. First of all my message/opinion has had nothing to do with O'Sullivan or with me being a supporter of O'Sullivan.

Secondly I'm not a "delusional fanboy". Otherwise I wouldnt be in this forum nor watching any snooker outside the O'Sullivan matches.

And sry mate but I think youre the last person here who can accuse others of being a fanboy.

youre just an agressive Hendry supporter who keeps moaning about anyone or anything who/which has any connection or positive reference to O'Sullivan. In particular when people see ROS as a superior player to Hendry.

In other words. Youre like a copy of Hendryfan.

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:
SnookerFan wrote:Joe Johnson predicts more World Championships for Selby.

He has already overachieved by winning two.

how do you work that one out..

up to 2014 people was saying he has underachieved and the type of game he has he will burn himself out over 17 days at the crucible.

its just sour grapes and plenty of it.

Mark Selby is a model pro that constantly plays to a high enough standard to compete even when hes not at his best as was shown by winning his 2nd WC.

I For one is sick to buck with all this Selby Bashing from people who criticize Ronnie bashing.

nobody has to like Selby but lets show some respect for a Great player.

Postby TheRocket

Again. I have respect for him as a player. I am just saying hes already achieved more than many probably expected. Him included, looking at his comments after he won it for a second time.

I remember him saying something like "I dont know whats a bigger shock. Leicester winning the premier league or me winning the World for a second time".

But again. Hes a double world time champ now and end of. Thats what matters. No one will care in the end whether overachieved underachieved or whatever

Postby Wildey

TheRocket wrote:Again. I have respect for him as a player. I am just saying hes already achieved more than many probably expected. Him included, looking at his comments after he won it for a second time.

I remember him saying something like "I dont know whats a bigger shock. Leicester winning the premier league or me winning the World for a second time".

But again. Hes a double world time champ now and end of. Thats what matters. No one will care in the end whether overachieved underachieved or whatever

that's the standard reply from players after they win.

had he said

"i was expecting to win it 4 or 5 times by now so this is a long time coming"

you and others would call him arrogant and above his station.

it was always when not if Selby would in it for me.

Postby Andre147

Just finished watching what I missed, and yeah Selby was superb all match. Like some have said here, maybe the respotted black in the 4th frame was the turning point, even though Bingo still won 1 more frame in that session.

Regarding Selby's World Titles, he's won 2, end of the story. Natural ability alone is nothing, otherwise Jack Lisowski for instance wold have already won a World Title by now.

And to some bashing what TR said... I sort of understand what he meant, and he's no fanboy I can assure you that, otherwise he wouldn't even watch tournaments when Ronnie's not playing. To some, when they see the name Ronnie O'Sullivan as a favourite player, they start bashing that person for whatever reason, even if it doesn't have anything to do with him whatsoever.

Not that TR needs anyone to defend him, he alone with his good argumentation can easily do that, but just tought I cleared this matter up.

And once again, congrats Selby, Mr Consistency!

Postby SnookerFan

Andre147 wrote:Just finished watching what I missed, and yeah Selby was superb all match. Like some have said here, maybe the respotted black in the 4th frame was the turning point, even though Bingo still won 1 more frame in that session.

Regarding Selby's World Titles, he's won 2, end of the story. Natural ability alone is nothing, otherwise Jack Lisowski for instance wold have already won a World Title by now.

And to some bashing what TR said... I sort of understand what he meant, and he's no fanboy I can assure you that, otherwise he wouldn't even watch tournaments when Ronnie's not playing. To some, when they see the name Ronnie O'Sullivan as a favourite player, they start bashing that person for whatever reason, even if it doesn't have anything to do with him whatsoever.

Not that TR needs anyone to defend him, he alone with his good argumentation can easily do that, but just tought I cleared this matter up.

And once again, congrats Selby, Mr Consistency!

Ronnie fanboy. :grrr:

Postby Wildey

its a definition of natrual ability.

from a very young age Selby was tying the likes of murphy up in knots with his natural flair for tactics.

something you wouldn't expect young players to be good at Selby was.

his break-building took a lot to be desired as a junior however now hes one of the best breakbuilders with 439 and 5th of all time and in the year 2016 hes top breakbuilder with 52 thats 8 more than Judd in second place.

Postby Cheshire Cat

Wildey wrote:its a definition of natrual ability.

from a very young age Selby was tying the likes of murphy up in knots with his natural flair for tactics.

something you wouldn't expect young players to be good at Selby was.

his break-building took a lot to be desired as a junior however now hes one of the best breakbuilders with 439 and 5th of all time and in the year 2016 hes top breakbuilder with 52 thats 8 more than Judd in second place.

He is indeed one of the finest breakbuilders the game has ever seen, but he's not consistently one of the best and that's his Achille's heel for me. His heavy scoring comes few and far between these days, but he's such a magnificent match player that he doesn't need to consistently score heavily to win.

Postby masterdoctorgenius

Afterwards Bingham admitted he was beaten by the better player on the day.

“That’s why he is world number one and World Champion. He played unbelievably today,” said the 40-year-old. “I think I made only two or three mistakes in the last couple of frames. He dominated me and you have to hold your hands up and say well played.”

Learn something about graciousness from Bingo, Judd.

Postby SnookerFan

masterdoctorgenius wrote:Afterwards Bingham admitted he was beaten by the better player on the day.

“That’s why he is world number one and World Champion. He played unbelievably today,” said the 40-year-old. “I think I made only two or three mistakes in the last couple of frames. He dominated me and you have to hold your hands up and say well played.”

Learn something about graciousness from Bingo, Judd.

:goodpost: